¬ 1

LOSER CLUB - CHAPTER ONE

(MEET THE LOSER CLUB)

"Rather be a lover than a fighter."

It had been a months since Georgie Denbrough died, or in Bill's case 'went missing' Bill never gave up on him, everyone else did. It had been hard for Bill to look for his brother since he had school but today was the last day of school and then it was the summer holiday.

Meet the Loser Club, there's Bill Denbrough, Richie Tozier, Stanley Uris, Eddie Kaspbrak, Rayne, Layla and Amber Mash. They were all friends. They had each others backs. Of course there were feelings between some in the group but they were never spoken about. The Marsh's sister is Beverly, the most popular girl in school but the other three didn't follow in her path.

All seven of them were stuck in school at the moment although it was their last period, "--arsh. Miss Marsh." the old lady stood in front of the brunette girl who sat there with her eyes closed, "hmm?" she opened her eyes sitting up, "Your project?" "My project? Oh, my project." she smiled turning her head to her sister who was sat 3 rows away from her 'the dog ate it' Layla mouthed, "oh, right, well the dog ate it." Rayne stated simply, "How so, Amber told me you had no pets?" "New dog. Puppy. Hyperactive one." Raven lied, "Really?" the woman asked and Rayne nodded her head furiously, thankfully the bell went indicating the lesson was over, all three Marsh's let out a sigh for the girl knowing if she got told off then it wouldn't be good.

As the group walked out Bill turned to Rayne, "G-G-Good lie in t-there R-Ray." he stuttered, "Thanks Bill." she smiled at the boy, Richie turned to Layla smiling and they both gagged loudly. "Shut up." Bill and Ray groaned. "Guess what? So, there's this church full of Jews, right? And Stan has to take this super Jewy test." Eddie told them, "But how's it work?" Bill asked, "They slice the tip of his dick off." Eddie shrugged making Amber and Layla burst our laughing and earning weird looks from everyone, "You two disgust me." Ray joked, "But that means he will have nothing left!" Richie laughed, "That's true." Eddie nodded, "Hey, guys, wait up!" they heard a voice from behind, it was only Stanley. "Hey Stan, what actually happens at the Bar Mitzvah, anyways?" Amber asked, "Ed says they slice the tip of your d-d-dick off." Bill said not believe what Eddie told them, "Yeah, and I think the rabbi's gonna pull down your pants, turn to the crowd and say, 'Where's the beef?'. Whoa." everyone laughed as Richie nearly fell over when Layly jumped on his back, "You're a weakling, Tozier." Layla giggled, "At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man." Stan explain, "I could think of funner ways to become a man, mhfhigjndj." Ray slapped her hand over the boys mouth, "More fun. You mean." Stan corrected, "Oh, shit." Amber whispered her hand gripped the closest one to hers which seemed to be Ed's, "It's okay, A." he gripped her hand. "There's nothing to be scared of, I mean look at Victor, he looks like fucking Draco Malfoy (i know it wasn't out then, it's just funny.)" Layla joked and everyone laughed, "Think they'll sign my yearbook?" Richie asked, "What and getting beaten up, then I'm sure they would." Ray nodded looking back at the older guys, "'Dear Richie, I'm sorry for taking a hot, steamy dump in you backpack last march. Have a good summer.'" Amber said in a deep voice mimicking Henry and everyone laughed at her. 

Walking outside Richie and Bill dumped all their books in the bin, "Just when I was about to ask what we were going to do with our books. Guess I got my answer." Ray shrugged shoving Bill's shoulder slightly, "What we a-are't using them anym-more." he smiled down at her. Layla jumped off Richie's bag handing her bag to him, "Why did you give me your bag?" ha asked looking at the bag awkwardly, "Chuck it in the bin." she stated like it was nothing and Richie chucked the whole thing in, "I--" Layla went to say something but stopped and shrugged, "That was the best feeling ever." Stanley smiled putting his now empty bag on his back, "Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time." Richie suggested, "ew." the three guys made a face of disgust, "Hey, what do you guys want to do tomorrow?" Eddie asked, his eyes darting between Amber and the rest off the group, "Start my training." Richie said proudly, "Wait, what training?" both Amber and Eddie asked making their faces fade into a bright red, "Street fighter." Richie told them like they were stupid or something.

Layla looked up at him, "Is that how you want to spend your summer, Tozier? Inside of an arcade?" Layla ased they boy, "Beats spending it inside Ed's mother. Oh!" Richie raised his hand up to Stan to high five at the 'amazing' comeback he said only to have Stan pull his hand down, "Did you not listen to my tips, for comebacks?" Ray asked, "You gave me tips?" Richie pushed his glasses further up on his face, making Layla snort at his comment, "Why don't we go to the quarry." Stan suggested. "Guys, we have the B-B-Barrens." Bill reminded the 6, Ray placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled supportively but Bill only looked away making the girls smile falter. "Hey, Rich, can you teach me how to play that arcade game you always play since we have nothing else to do?" Layla asked the boy who went red and his mouth opened in shock, "Wh-- Really?" "Well, yeah." she nodded, "Duh! Of course. We can do 2 player games and fight with each other, we can make bets an--" Richie ranted using his hands to pretend he was fighting, "Woah, woah okay." Layla laughed loudly holding Richie's wrists to stop him from moving. "Sorry." he muttered, "Betty Ripsom's mom." Ed randomly said, everyone's attention turned to the woman standing outside the school hope and desperation plastered on her face. "Is she really expecting to see her come out of that school?" Stanley asked, "I mean, she could." Rayne muttered, "As if Betty Ripsom's been hiding in Home Ec. for the last few weeks." Ed reasoned with Ray's pointed, "To be honest, I don't even know what she looks like, I didn't know her until she was presumed missing." Amber told them sliding her bag into the bin, "You think they will find her?" Stan asked, "Sure. In a ditch. All decomposed, covered in worms and maggots. Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear. What do you think Layla?" Richie asked the girl, "Will they find her? yes. Alive? No. Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear? Also yes." she answered high fiving Richie, "Shut up! That's disgusting." Ed groaned, "She's not dead. Sh-She's missing." Bill faced them, Richie and Layla winced under the cold stares coming from Ray, "Sorry, Bill. She's missing." they apologised. 

They turned around walking towards the exit of the school, "You know the Barran's aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?" Richie asked, Amber's eyes widened as she saw Henry and his clique walk over, "Rich--" before she warn them Richie was pulled back and pushed into Stanley knocking them both down with ease. Stanley's jewish hat fell off, (idk the name, i'm sorry) Patrick crouched down and picked it up, "Nice frisbee, flamer." he smirked, "Give it back!" Stanley yelled, only to have Patrick throw it onto a bus which drove off. Belch burped in Eddie's ear making him move away in disgust, "That's rank." Amber weezed, Belched turned around blowing in her face, "Where'd you get those bruises, huh?" Victor asked as he pushed through Ray and Layla, the two put their heads down almost immediately, nobody but them and their sisters knew what went on behind the walls they lived in. "losers." Henry muttered as he knocked past them. Bill turned to face them, "Y-Y-You suck, Bowers." Bill stuttered, "Shut up, Bill." Ed whispered, "Y-You s-say s-s-omething, B-B-Billy? You got a free ride this year cause of your little brother. Ride's over, Denbrough. This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you and your faggot friends." Henry mocked the boy, licking his hand he wiped it over Bill's face before walking off to his car. 

The rage was evident on both Ray's and Layla's face as they stood at the back, the two began to walk forward to confront the older boy but Richie wrapped his arms around the girls waist pulling her away from any trouble and Bill stepped in front of Ray blocking her path to Henry."I wish he would go missing." Richie muttered, "I wish Belch would brush his teeth." Amber said breathing harshly out of her nose. "He's probably the one doing it." Eddie gritted through his teeth, "I wouldn't be surprised." Layla raised her eyebrows, "C-Come on let's just go." Bill told them, "Shit. I left me headphones in sosh class." Layla felt around her neck, "You guys go ahead, I'll go with Layla, A, we'll meet you back at home." Ray smiled at them. There was a chorus of 'goodbyes' 'byes' throughout the group as they walked away, a smile plastered on each of the losers faces, this was going to be one long summer.