The Bonds that force us together

Tw: Accidental misgendering, some light torture

Remus woke up in a cold sweat. His body ached and his head seemed to be banging in rhytm with his heart. He was staring into a grey concrete wall but it was weird because the ceiling looked like the floor and the floor looked like the-

Oh. Oh he was hanging upside down. He strained himself to look upwards and there was indeed rope all around his limbs that tied him to the ceiling. He could barely even move his fingers, much less his head.

"009?" He called out. He tried not to sound too worried but failed miserably.

"008!" Remy exclaimed back. To both of their's relief it didn't sound like they were far apart.

"I'm right here. Are you okay?"

"It doesn't matter but yes I'm tots 100% good"

"It matters to me!"

Remus swung a bit back and forth in the air and to his surprise his head struck something else. "009 are you-"

"That's me alright" Remy leaned their head back so they felt each other's warmth.

For a few moments they stayed like that without saying anything. As long as they could touch each other, as long as they knew the other were there, everything felt safe.

"You're okay right? Nothing happened after I blacked out?" Remy asked.

"Nothing too bad...but...I....I think I might have been hit by Jaws. Didn't see his face though"

Remy let out a quiet gasp "Jesus fuck. The bitchy brat got Jaws and everything on his side huh"

"I'm not a brat!" Virgil's voice came from somewhere Remus couldn't see.

The agent felt hands grab his shoulders and force him around. He saw Virgil with his back turned to him, he was turning Remy around the same way so the agents were looking at each other. The enby was tied to a steel chair. There even was a rope around their neck so they could barely turn their head.

"You gonna torture us? Gonna torture us with your lil baby hands?" Remy asked with a shit eating grin. In response they got a back handed slap to the face.

Remus tried to glance around. They were in what looked like a garage that had been turned into an improptu torture chamber. Tools (knifes, hammers, guns) laid on a table and next to it stood Theo, the bodyguard.

His eyes stagnated on Virgil. His hands began to shake.

"Where you hiding your lil Jawsie now tho? Aint so scary without him" Remy continued to tease.

"Do you seriously think the two of you pose enough of a threat to need Jaws here" Virgil rolled his eyes "I'm sure he's in his box or something-"

"You- You're-"

Remus' voice was shaky as he stuttered it out. He was staring at Virgil as if he was looking at a ghost.

"I know you"

Virgil glanced at him before looking over to Theo. He let out a few dry chuckles and the bodyguard laughed along.

"You're- Virgil- You're the kid- you were there when Ro- my brother died"

A sick smile spread over his lips "Of course I was. And you're Remus. And Roman is dead"

He expected the agent to lash out. To scream and shout and try to claw his way out of the ropes just to hurt him. Virgil knew he was the reason the previous 009 got killed. It was the only logical reaction.