𝖫𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇𝖾𝖽

𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 || 𝖫𝖾𝗌𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗇𝖾𝖽

The sun had set soon after we lit some lanterns, and continued sparring, we kept count of whoever had the most hits on the over

The sun had set soon after we lit some lanterns, and continued sparring, we kept count of whoever had the most hits on the over. Right now we were tied, 29 to 29, and I was very proud of myself.

We started out as saying first to 15, and we call it quits. Then it turned to 20, then to 25, and now it's 30. Turns out, both Sapnap and I are sore losers.

I lunge at his unprotected left side, striking his arm guard, just barely missing his arm. I smile in triumph, and he slouches slightly with a look of disappointment, but with pride mixed in.

"I win," I yawn, throwing my sword down and undoing my arm guards, stuffing them back into Sapnap's bag, and taking the last bottles of water out, handing him one as I put away the empty ones.

"You learn really fast Vie, I'm impressed." He complements , taking a sip of the water. The low glow just barely lightning up his face, sweat beads across both of our faces and bodies.

"I had a good teacher,"

"Only good?" He acts hurt, and I shove his arm playfully, a smile across both our faces. I yawn again, and see him doing the same.

"I think it's time we turn in, don't you?" Sapnap says after untiring his guards and carelessly throwing them into the bag, a metal clank heard moments later.

I hum in agreement, and I go to pick up the swords that were thrown on the grass. But as I pick one up, Sapnap stumbles over something and crashes onto my side slightly, pushing my hand onto the blade instead of the handle. I close my hand around the sharp edge out of instinct, cutting a thick line across my palm. Blood pools almost immediately, fanning out around my closed fingers.

"Shit!" I hiss in pain, and let the blade go, it drops with a clash and Sapnap is by my side, looking at my hand in guilt.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay Sap, I know you didn't mean too." I cut him off, because I knew it wasn't his fault, he just tripped. I'd do the same if I was sleep deprived and extremely exhausted, I'd do the same without reason!

He shakes his head and drags me over to the light gently, sitting me down on the ground. He rushes over to his bag and pulls out some bandages and a clean piece of cloth, aloud with his water bottle.

"No use mine," I say, pointing to the nearly full bottle, but he shakes his head and sits beside me, pulling the lantern down to see better.

"It's not deep enough for stitches, but it'll take a while to heal completely," he says softly, dampening the price of cloth and looking at me with guilt in his eyes.

"This will hurt a bit," he says as I nod, he looks back at my hand and gently begins to wipe the dripping blood from the cut. I suck in sharply, feeling the pain creep up my hand into my forearm. Sapnap stops for a moment, then continues.

"Hold your hand away from you for a minute, I'm gonna pour some water over it so the bandages stick." He mumbled, and opened the lid on the water bottle, I do as I'm told.

As the water pours over the cut, turning the runoff red, but the water is slightly colder, so it doesn't burn like the cloth did.

He gently, so much so it should hurt, but doesn't, grabs my hand with his, his thumb closing the small gap between my fingers, wrapping the white material around them, then down to the cut. He was so concentrated on fixing this, he didn't notice my slight blush. But I push it away before closing my eyes, growing tired.

"I'm so sorry Vienna," Sapnap whispers as he lays the bandage around my palm, wrapping it tightly, but softly at the same time, I open my eyes to see him looking sad. I squeeze his shoulder with my free hand, and whisper back.

"You didn't mean to, it's just a cut, I'm not dead." I laugh slightly, flexing my fingers as he finishes. It hurts but not enough to put my hand out of use. I'd just have to be easy.

Sap nods and helps me stand, gathers up the supplies and helps me with my own bag, although he told me he'd carry it.

"No, it was my hand, not my shoulder, it's fine." I smile at him, but he frowns and picks up the swords, cleaning off the one with my blood on it, and walking quickly down the path. I shook my head and followed him.

We reached the houses maybe, 15 minutes later? Maybe less? But Sapnap walked me home and pushed himself into my home, holding out a sword.

I look at it questionably, trying to figure out what he wanted me to do with it.

"I want you to have it, you don't have one and I have extra." And I swear, I saw his face soften ever so slightly, and a blush creep onto his face. I smile at him, and he smiles back.

"Thank you Sap, but I don't need it, not right now at least." I laugh pushing the blade back to him, but he barely moves an inch.

"Vie, please take it? As a last sorry? It'd make me feel so much better?" He says with puppy dog eyes, causing me to feel slightly guilty. I exhale and nod my head, watching as he smiles brightly and takes the sword into my makeshift kitchen, laying it on the small table.

He comes back and hugs me briefly, softly whispering in my ear, "I really am sorry I hurt you,"

Shoving him slightly with my shoulder, I hug him back, then pushing him to the door.

"Go home you guilt trap!" I laughed as he walked out the door slumped over, but a large, bright smile stretched across his face, you could basically hear it in his tone. He turns one last time to face me.

"Fine, goodnight Vie. But we should spare again sometime, you got really good in like, three hours!" He laughs, I punch his shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, yeah okay. But please go home so I can sleep? You really pushed me hard today." I yawn in exaggeration, a chuckle heard in front of me. He nods his head, pulling away softly, waving a s I watch him go.

"Goodnight Sap!" I yell when he's reached an unfinished building, but instead of saying it back, he gives me the finger.

"You too big shot!"

"Oh fuck off!"

I laugh as I close my door, locking it and climbing the stairs on the back wall of my house. I turn on the lamp beside my bed, and lay on top of the soft material, while kicking off my boots.

I bury myself under the soft sheets, and turn off the lamp, falling asleep before my head hits the pillows.

[ A/N - I feel like this doesn't make much sense, but I needed to get this out before I left ;] I'm sorry if there are a TON of grammar issues, but I'll fix them when I find them. And if you could, please comment and vote, it would be greatly appreciated ❤︎

Thank you for reading!