Resentment| 11

She didn't know how long it's been since she stepped into the tattoo shop, but she knew she had missed it a lot

She didn't know how long it's been since she stepped into the tattoo shop, but she knew she had missed it a lot. She missed seeing the same annoying people every day, and as a manager, she should've been more responsible.

"Where the hell you been?" Honey asked with a scowl on her face; she looked like she was ten seconds away from telling at Yun.

"I've been at home and therapy," Yun shrugged with a calm look on her face, her eyes searching for Matthew as she looked passed everyone else.

When Yun's eyes finally fell on Matthews, her body moved on its own as she closed the space between them. Her hands came up as they cupped the back of his neck and pulled him down into a guilty hug.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she held onto him for a few more seconds. She had made him feel like crap, pushed his buttons, and then made him feel like his feelings didn't matter.

Matthew wrapped his arms around the small of her back as he accepted her embrace and apologies. "I'm sorry too," He apologized even when he didn't do anything wrong, but he wanted to take this step with Yun as well.

They finally pulled back, but their eyes never left each other. Yun cleared her throat before yet looking away; she had forgotten why she came in the first place...other than to work and to tell everyone to get ready for the trip that would be taking place in a week.

"Uhm, I would like to talk to everyone for a second." Yun waited for everyone to get comfortable on the couches before she started to speak again.

Saffron had told Yun that if she wanted to relieve some of the stress she was holding in, she would have to speak up and let people in. "So first things first, I don't want there to be any secrets between us because I want you all to trust me. My name is Yun Nolan, but three years ago, my name was Azuri, the heir to Nolan Enterprises. I'm an ex-convict, or a felon, whatever floats yall boat. I went to jail for attempted murder, though it sounds a lot more serious than it was because clearly, my father is still alive."

Yun's eyebrows scrunched up together as she began to think, "That seems to be all; any question?" She tried to smile, but it only ended up coming out awkward as she wasn't sure how they would take it.

It was quiet for a moment as Kehalani, Heaven, and Tiffany began to take Yun's words in. Everyone else knew half it, but Aliana, who was still on maternity leave, missed all the tea.

"Well, there's no point in overthinking on the past," Tiffany shrugged with an unimpressed look. "I'm glad you told us, but it's not going to make me stop trusting you. All this did was help me understand you a lot better."

"Ion know, sounds a lil shady to me, like she searched us up but kept all these secrets from us," Heaven said with her arms crossed. Heaven was already as secretive as Yun, so that only made Yun narrow her eyes at her.

"Chile, anyways, Heaven, we don't know too much about your life either, so let's not jump the gun." Kehlani rolled her eyes before she got back on topic. "I'm not surprised, I guess you can say I had a sneaking suspicion about who you were. I didn't want to go digging into your life, but I figured you must have been a person of 'status' just from the way you hold yourself."