Edward and Erik

Edward was seen by literally everybody as the oldest engine on the Steam Team. While many do still appreciate his hard work and gratitude. Some think that he's too old now and needs to move on, but Edward says that he can still work hard and that's what a lot of people agree with.

Edward's hard working partner is his driver Erik. Erik is often overlooked by others. He's good at his job, but never gets that much praise for it unlike Edward. Erik is also considered by the fans of the band as the worst dancer, but that's just because Erik never went to dancing school like the others did when the band first formed.

Despite that, both guys have a strong relationship, and hey, Erik is known as the strong one in the group.

Edward was bringing some trucks over to the scrapyard, and the whole time, the trucks were once again being their obnoxious annoying stupid selves.

" Hey Eddie. Hey Eddie. Hey Eddie. " - trucks

They kept ramming on that and Edward ignored them, but this time he answered.

" What is it! " - Edward

" Are we almost there? " - truck 1

Edward groaned to himself. He's usually able to handle them but he hated these boxes with mouths just as much as the others.

" Hey Eddie. " - trucks

" Don't call me that. " - Edward

Edward wasn't a huge fan of that name, however, he's ok with Erik and Philip calling him that since they were his closest friends.

" Hey Eddie. " - trucks

Edward and also Erik had enough now.

" Knock it off or we're not going anywhere. " - Edward

" You can sit back at the station and stay there all day. " - Erik

The trucks laughed at them as they weren't affected by that.

Edward started to glare at them and wasn't watching the track. Erik was though and saw something.

" Ed watch out! " - Erik

Edward looked and saw a piece of track that was crumbled up. It was a hot day today so that would explain it.

Edward started to brake but he was too late and hit the crooked rail and derailed a bit. His front wheels were off the track and on the ground.

" You alright? " - Erik

" Thankfully. " - Edward

Erik stepped down and looked at the problem.

" Well. That looks like we need assistance. " - Erik

" But now I'm gonna be late. " - Edward

" Like Reg will even care. " - Erik

" Yeah. I guess so. " - Edward

Erik called for Rocky, but it turns out he was busy already with another engine, so Eddie and Erik had to wait a little longer.

As they waited, Erik sat on Edward's left side of his buffer and put his fist on his chin.

" Well. This is boring now. " - Erik

" Yeah, but...." - Edward

" What are you getting at? " - Erik

" You know, we should talk about our lives over the past few weeks. " - Edward

" I'm still not getting....." - Erik

" You know, you and I never really get to talk a lot, just the two of us. We work together, but we never get any free time together. " - Edward