Rebecca and Ruby

Rebecca was the other new engine to come to Sodor and join the Steam Team. She came from the Mainland and already started to cause confusion and delay, but since then she has gotten more and more productive. She works well, is good with other engines, and overall is a great girl. Things have gotten better with her after she started dating Gordon. Her and him like to pull their express trains together. Overall, Rebecca has loved living on Sodor.

Her driver is Ruby, whom she has had for many years even back on the Mainland. Ruby is considered to be a normal driver. She never really interacts with the outside world, she is more focused on her work, she likes to have fun, but never so very often. Ruby liked Rebecca a lot, but Rebecca wishes she did more with her. Ruby did stay behind with Rebecca when she got kidnapped from the PDK, so that showed the two had a close bond.

Today, Rebecca had decided to pull some heavy flatbeds. James wanted to do it, but feared he might crash again like the last he did. Henry couldn't as he burst a wheel and needed to get that fixed. Lastly, Gordon was scheduled to do it, but of course he refused it as he said that's not what he does.

So Rebecca volunteered to pull them. James, Henry, and Gordon warned her though to be careful. But Rebecca cheerfully said she'd be fine. The 3 were still worried though, especially Gordon.

Rebecca had her flatbeds all set up and ready to go. Ruby now decided to say something.

" Rebecca, are you sure you want to do this? These beds are gonna be pretty heavy. " - Ruby

" I can do this Ruby. I am very strong, and I can show you right here. " - Rebecca

Ruby just gave a thumbs up and Rebecca whistled and headed out. Very slowly though, as those flatbeds were very heavy, but Rebecca was able to keep going.

Rebecca made her way to the docks to drop off the first load. When she arrived, everyone at the docks were surprised she was pulling this kind of stuff.

" You should be careful there Rebecca. " - Porter

" I will be. I got this perfectly. " - Rebecca

Porter and the others though gave each other doubtful looks. Ruby did also notice and started to get a little upset.

" Hey. Give her a chance ok. " - Ruby

" We will. Sorry. " - Salty

" It's ok guys. " - Rebecca

She smiled and left the docks with her load now a little lighter now, but was still a bit heavy. She made her way across the island pretty consistently. Then she reached Gordon's Hill and things got a bit complicated.

" You think I can make it up there? " - Rebecca

" I don't think so, that's gonna be pretty tough. Maybe we should wait for someone to help us. " - Ruby

" No, I can do this. " - Rebecca

" Becky, you could hurt yourself. " - Ruby

" Don't Becky me. If I say I can do this, I can. " - Rebecca

" Right. I'm sorry, I just don't want you to get hurt. " - Ruby

" I promise I won't. " - Rebecca

" We can do this together. " - Ruby

" Yes we can. " - Rebecca

" You ready? " - Ruby

" Yes. " - Rebecca

She started to move up the hill, and was starting to make some progress, but was also starting to slow down.

" No, I can do it. " - Rebecca