Chapter 13: Physio

A/N: some medic-ish roleplay, which could look like (very consensual in this case) abuse of power

"I spoke to a friend," Xander said, adding salad to Tim's plate.

"About me?" Tim slathered on creamy dressing, only stopping when he realized Xander was watching with a scowl.

"What? Sir? I thought you wanted me to eat more."

"Healthily, Angel, not heart stopping fats. Here, more chicken."

Xander had been doing that a lot. Controlling him. He'd bought more clothes a few days earlier, when he'd left Tim at home and met a friend; some of them not even blue, but Tim was alright with that, maybe was even starting to think that he could move away from that affectation. Soon. Not yet.

There was more. He was having a lot of say over what Tim put in his mouth. Well, obviously, but food too.

When he said it was time for bed, then it was time for bed. And same with getting up, though he did always allow Tim a sleep-in compared to his own six am start time. Xander had started talking about Tim joining his gym, and they mainly watched educational television, and the news. Xander didn't really approve of most of the frivolous programming, and he made Tim choose a novel from his shelves and read it, though he was mostly pretending. He was going to have to do something about that, because Xander had started to ask him questions that he didn't know the answers to. Maybe find an audio version.

It was confusing Tim, though. He liked Xander. Way too much based on how long they'd known each other, he knew that. And he thought Xander liked him back, at least almost as much. But there was something shameful, he could recognize that by the fact that he was reluctant to admit to Scotty and Ange how their relationship worked, no matter how many times Ange asked probing and far too personal questions. Whatever else he knew about relationships, he knew that wasn't quite right.

But he settled into it, reluctant to create unnecessary waves when he was generally so soul-searingly happy with his new situation. It wasn't as though he wasn't used to being controlled, and it was easy enough to tell himself this was different, because it was. Xander actually cared about him. Every decision that was made for him was made from a position of concern for his wellbeing. That, he hadn't experienced before.

"My friend, he works for the Hayden Planetarium as a research associate. Off the record, he told me they were about to hear on some additional funding, and if they get it they'll be looking for a paid intern. He said for you to send him your resume."

"But astronomy isn't my specialism, Sir."

"But it's all relevant, isn't it?"

"Sort of. I mean, I did some astronomy units, but there'll be a lot of people who are better qualified..."

"Perhaps, but, Angel, you have to accept help. Appreciate being in a lucky position and use it."

Xander didn't sound angry, but Tim couldn't help wincing away from the judgment in his voice, filling his mouth with salad leaves and chicken so he didn't have to respond.

Instead, when he'd carefully chewed the mouthful, he looked across, as wide-eyed as possible.

"Will you teach me some more today, Sir?"

"I don't know, Angel. I don't want you tired out or sore for the club tomorrow."

"Please, Sir."