Chapter 28: Brunch

A/N: I was in a fluffy mood...

"Why did you do that?"

"Why are you even asking, Clarry? Why are you ringing me?"

Tim tipped his head back and rolled his eyes to Xander, which he appreciated. When the phone had gone, and Tim had said it was his old home number, Xander's heart had leapt into his throat. But Tim was leaning casually against him, the phone on speaker, and his sister's bitchy tone didn't seem to be affecting him at all.

"You gave me your number."

"Only because you had that meltdown in my insta comments. You were always pissed with me being around when I was at home. I'm not there, and you're still trying to pull me into your drama."

"Drama?! You're the one that was always attention seeking-,"

"And if you really think that, why are you even contacting me? You're miles away from my 'attention seeking' now."

"Dad's pissed. He won't let me go anywhere. He's put me under a fucking curfew. And it's because of you. He's scared I'm gonna go off and decide I'm into girls...or get fucking blue hair, or something. He hasn't shut up about it."

"What exactly do you expect me to do about it?"

There was nothing but spluttering on the other end of the phone for a moment, before her voice came back whinier than ever.

"You could come home. He'd be more reasonable to me if you were here instead of in the city doing God knows what."

"You are something else, Clarry, you know that? You didn't want me there, and now you're a twenty-one-year-old under her father's control, because you're happy enough for him to fund your lifestyle, and you're still managing to blame me. Move out. Whatever. Just don't contact me again."

Tim cut the call, tossing his phone to the other end of the couch and snuggling back against Xander, who wrapped him up in long arms.

"You did good, Angel. Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he sighed, "we've never been close, and she's always blamed me, but I realize it's a lot to do with the fact that she's a lot like my dad. Only thinks about things in context to how they affect her. I can do without that in my life."

Xander couldn't help but think Tim was really without family now. His mom hadn't contacted him, and Tim had said he didn't expect she would. But he didn't seem bothered, even if it sat strangely with Xander. He distracted himself from negative thoughts by nipping at Tim's neck and making him squeak adorably.

* * * * *

Xander pulled out one of the new blazers he'd had Tim fitted for. He was happy to try a lot more colors lately, but blue was still his regular choice, and the jacket was slim fit in a royal blue velvet. Tim would look incredible in it, especially since he'd had his hair recolored dark, so the new deep blue was almost a glossy sheen over the top. It made his pale skin even more luminescent and Xander was never happier than with his face burrowed in the smooth skin at the nape of his neck, able to scent the fresh mint of Tim's new favorite shampoo.

"Are you sure: jeans?" Tim asked, worrying his lower lip with small teeth.

"Yup. And this shirt." Xander handed him a crisp white button-down which he shrugged on, still looking reluctant. "You don't like?"

"No, Sir, I do. But is it smart enough?"

"You'll look beautiful, Angel. And don't worry, they'll love you almost as much as I do."