Chapter 7

Warning : mentions of abuse and murder

You sat on the sofa. Coffee in hand. Hannibal sat beside you, putting it down on a matt he looked at you and smiled "A beautiful lady like yourself must have a lover" he purred at you.

"No" you laugh. "I'm too ugly for that"

Hannibal opened his mouth to reply but you carried on. "I did have one. Matt, Matt Headley was his name." you rub your arms. "We met on some dating app called LoveMeet and met in person. He seemed lovely. Well until the abuse started. I should have left earlier" you say, your eyes going slightly hazy and you rub your arms. "I never had sex with him. Although he tried. Even when I said no. I threatened to call the cops when it got bad."

Hannibal's fists started to clench and relax and clench again, he was trying to hold back this new found anger he had for your ex. Hannibal wanted to sweep you up and hide you, just for himself. Keeping you away from those who would hurt you.

"How long ago was this relationship?" Hannibal asked.

"three months ago. He didn't accept it at all, he didn't understand so I moved away as he was knocking on my doors and windows asking for me."  you rub your arms but you feel hannibal's hand holding the one rubbing your arm. Stopping it from moving.

"I think you should come of the caffeine." he said, moving the coffee away from you. "it is heightening your anxiety. I think it would be best for you to go home" he said, looking at the time. "You can be refreshed for tomorrow and be able to mull over our little talk" he smiles and drives you home in silence.

He stops at your house and takes you do the door.

"Thank you" you say "I haven't enjoyed myself so much ever."

"If is my pleasure (y/n)" he said, kissing your hand. "We should do this again. How about the classical museum tommorow at 1?" he asks.

"That would be perfect" you smile. Before he turns away you give him a hug, your face burying into his soft suit. You feel arms wrap around you and a kiss planted on your head.

"Until tomorrow" he said, letting you go and going back to you car.

Hannibal had just started the night.
He brought out your phone from his pocket and downloaded LoveMeet. Swiping through unread messages he got up to your messages with Matt. Swiping through them he found his address and smirked.

He had taken your phone when he hugged you, kissing your head and placing one hand on your hips to distract your other hand for searching in your bag and finding your phone.

Pulling up to Matt's address. The lights where on and loud music drifted from the house. he slipped out of the car, and knocked on the door a short dark haired man opened it.

"Hello, I am looking for a man called Matt Headley?"

"That me. What do you want?" he asks annoyed.

"I am a police inspector Francis." he quickly flashed some id which if you looked closer was just a random card. Matt didn't notice. "I have been having noise complaint calls from your neighbours. I would like to come in to make sure you turn off your music".

Matt huffed "Fine whatever." he said. "I'm only doing this so I don't get pulled into the station again ".

"Again?" hannibal asks.

"You know. Your buddies accusing me of hassling and following some random ex girlfriend." he said. "What a skank. She refused to have sex with me. Probably because she was fucking some other guy" he laughed. "I will find her again. She moved away. The coward. But that's women for you. They all use nice guys like me and you".  Matt leaned down and turned off the music.

"Thank you very much for your corporation Mr Headley" Hannibal said, holding back intense dislike for him.  "May I trouble you for a glass of water?"

"You can have a beer if you want to" he said, walking into what seemed like a kitchen. "I got bud lite. And that's it"

"No thank you Mr Headley. I am on duty" Hannibal said dryly.

"Sucks to be you" he laughed and leaned down into the fridge.

In one quick movement, Hannibal grabbed the man by the waist and shoved a knife through his throat. "This is your own fault Mr Headly" he whispered in his ear, knowing that he was conscious "You dare talk about my (y/n) in such derogatory way" he hissed. "She is perfect in every way. And now I will make you suffer as she did at your hands"

Hannibal buried the body in the woods around a mile away and checked no evidence. He drove back to yours and quietly unlocked the fire and slipped in.

Quietly going up the stairs he slips your phone back into the bottom of the bag. He had investigated your phone further but found nothing he was worried about.

Looking over to you he smiled as you slept sound and quietly he left the room.

He felt immense pride and satisfaction that he had protected you from a dangerous man and ridded the world of another idiotic waste of space.