Chapter 14

The meal went smoothly, you forgot about the murder for a short while and enjoyed the company if your two favourite people. At the end of the night Will mentioned about meting just him and you for coffee which you agree on.

Coming back to the dogs after seeing will go your mind automatically started to think about Matt and how he died. Slumping onto the sofa you look at Hannibal who sipped his wine happily.

"I can't stop thinking about it" you say. "About the murder. I need to understand"

"Then why don't you talk it through?" he asks, slightly exited what you would make of it.

"Uh, well as I said before this was murder if passion right? So it could be concluded that the person who murdered Matt hated him and the fact it was put on the doorstep shows that the murder was getting at me. So the murderer must know where this house is, be close to me, know where Matt lived and also had the resources to kill and move dead bodies"you think for a second then look at up at Hannibal but start to giggle. "But it can't have been you, you where with me all the time"

Hannibal chuckled "I was" he said and you look confused as hannibal stood abs went over to the counter.

"You mean you was always here, or that. Oh but you did kill him, didn't you" you said. "you wanted to protect me from him" you came up behind him and hugged him "Thank you"

Hannibal put a display knife tucked into his sleeve and turned. "And why do you say that?"

"Because I knew it was him or me in the end" you say. "However I knew you planted the note. That body as been dead for more than a day".

You suddenly stop and back away from him, realising the final secret.

"Your the chesapeake ripper" you stutter.

Hannibal swiftly came over to you and put you down on the couch, staring into your eyes. "Do you understand me?" he asked.

"I, no I don't"

"You said that you have the same powers as your brother, the same empathy." he said, his eyes where pleading. "Do you understand me"

You think from Hannibal's perspective, you knew that he would take out the organs of dead people who didn't deserve it, Will had told you that. Hannibal stared into your eyes, a fierce need in them.

If you want to see if you say no it is the next chapter (15) if you want to carry on the story then it starts at chapter 16.