Chapter 9.

I didn't pass Due Diligence!! A department called Content Evaluation picked up I had used a poem and quoted it in the book. I have to have copyright permission. Also I quoted some nice comments from Wattpad readers in the front of the book, but I needed to get formal permission from the people concerned. 

At the same time I have a Check-in Coordinator who writes to me with a bunch of queries. Primarily I have to get my manuscript clearer on where the page breaks occur. It was obvious to me on the software I used for writing the story ... but not obvious when it was transferred as a Word Doc to Lulu. Anyway I sorted out the various issues.

At the same time, Lulu Publishing looked over my manuscript to gauge the quality of the plot, the writing for readability, variety and story flow. They sent me an example of the editing they thought I needed, the first 1500 words of my book examined with changes suggested, to give me an idea of what the finished version would look like. I agreed with their assessment that I should have ''Line Editing''.

Okay, now I wait for editing to get on with the work. At this stage I don't know who in the Lulu team is going to edit, although I have asked for a female editor specialising in the romance genre.

Meanwhile there's lots to do on the marketing of the book. I figure I've got less than two months to get people aware that my book is to be launched! A special facebook site has been designed by Alex Vinall for the book and twitter also. Both are going well. She's a professional promoter and as marketing is so important, her input is invaluable. Again, I'm taking a chance here, but I believe Alex will make a better job than me and therefore more sales. 

When I go onto Amazon and Kobo (my two regular places to buy books), I'm always surprised how many times I see a book which has no reviews, or very few. What sort of message does that say to me as a potential purchaser? I have to get reviews for my book immediately it becomes available. I realise I'm taking a risk because the reviews might be terrible. So I'll take the risk and I'm gathering a group of unbiased keen readers (I've never met any of them), who will read the book when it becomes available, and write a review. I need reviews, good ones hopefully, to encourage the public to buy. So my plan is to get reviews posted first, before I push the promotion.

I have started to correspond by email with readers on Goodreads to find out who is willing to review. It will work like this... I send them a free eBook in the format to suit their eReader device (Kindle/Amazon is in mobi format. Everyone else is in epub format). They read, and post a review. Many of the potential reviewers want to see the book blurb first, which I guess is obvious. So I am now sending out the blurb to everyone I ask. It's like I'm asking them for help. The response has been good.

I'm also writing emails to family, friends and business contacts to tell them of the book launch. Note, I'm not asking any of these to post a review. I want them to buy the book after the reviews have been posted. Some have responded to say they would prefer a printed version. Good, because Lulu are producing a paperback, although I expect most sales (if any?) to be eBooks. 

Publishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें