Chapter 24- Fist Bumps

Aunt Sofie was quite literally the sweetest person I have ever met

Aunt Sofie was quite literally the sweetest person I have ever met. I had a lot fun at Tristan's and all the baking we did.

Well I did, Tristan was sitting there watching us from stool chair. He would pitch in our conversation here and there and come to flick flour in my face.

Monday came and rolled by pretty fast. I asked Tristan to come over after school, mainly so we could do our homework together. I can't believe we basically took the same classes but our schedules didn't match up.

When he came in the first thing dad said was, "Wow! Tristan Presley? Last time I saw you, you were shorter than me kid."

Tristan chuckled politely at this and stuck his hand out for dad to take, "it's nice to see you again Mr. Beck."

"It's good to see you too son." He shook his hand In a firm grip.

"We have homework to do so, we'll be upstairs if you need us." And then I dragged Tristan after me.

As we made it to the top of the stairs, I heard dad shout, "and Tristan, if you ever need a place to stay for the night again, Carson's floor is just as comfortable as Adelaide's."

I slapped my hand on my mouth and turned around to face Tristan. His face was cringed as he said, "yes sir," back to dad.

We shut the door to my room and busted out laughing at what just happened.

"I'm so sorry for that." And I think my face was pink from embarrassment.

"That was my bad actually." And then we laughed again.

We had our textbooks and papers spread out all over my floor as we helped each other with questions.

We were almost done with our homework when my door flew open and Carson walked in.

"You see the polite thing to do when you enter a room with a closed door is to KNOCK." I said to Carson then threw a pillow at his face.

"Just seeing what y'all are up to, sup Tristan?"

"Hey man." He replied as Carson threw himself on my bed.

"Are y'all done here? Let's go shoot each other."

"What does that even mean?" I asked.

"with controllers, through my tv screen."

"I've been out of practice since like... the seventh grade." Tristan said.

"Well then you're long overdue, let's go."

Except I got up before either of them, ran out the door, and yelled, "race ya!"

I heard them running after me, but I managed to make it into Carson's room before them.

I plopped myself on one of the gamer chairs in front of the screen and grabbed a controller for myself.