Awake

"Look who's awake." I saw Sakura's pretty face. My tail felt heavy but I still let out a lazy wag.

"You know, Sasuke's been worried to death about you." Sakura sighed as she softly patted my head. My tail wagged a little faster.

'Of course he has, he's my Master after all.' I thought to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke's POV

As soon as I saw the caller I.D. I picked up.

"How is he?!" I answered all too quickly.

"Good news!" Sakura piped up

"It's almost like he had an epiphany or something, all of the sudden he woke up and even his vitals are stronger. He's going to be alright." She nearly cooed the last part. I just gulped and nodded, trying to take in all the information.

"Can I see him?" I asked. She paused.

"He's still a little out of it and needs his rest." She said softly. I sighed.

"Right, I understand."

"With how fast he's healing he'll be back home in no time. So rest up." I nodded

"Alright, will you keep me updated then?"

"Duh." She laughed playfully. It seems she's also relieved the dobe will be okay.

"I gotta head back to work. I'll call with any more updates." She said

"Alright." I responded plainly as we both hung up. I sighed as I slumped back into my chair.

"He's going to be okay." I smiled to myself as I felt tears prick the ends of my eyes.

"He's finally going to be okay, he's coming home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here's a prescription for his pain meds, his body absorbs them surprisingly quickly so he needs to be given them three times a day." I looked at the wagging mess of my unofficial boyfriend. Sakura laughed lightly.

"He should be passed out with all the sedatives we gave him but I guess he just really missed you." I smiled genuinely and without pain for the first time in a long, long time.

"Yeah. I missed him too." She looked surprised for a moment then smiled sweetly.

"We've been feeding him baby food for the most part but he should be fine with just plain chicken and rice now." She said matter-of-factly.

"Also don't be surprised if he has a low appetite at first, but if it gets really bad, let us know.

"Alright." I answered as she handed me a slip of paper.

"Take that to the register then he's good to go." I nodded as I pet "Lucky's" head.

"You ready to go home, dobe?" I asked as he barked out of excitement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright." I said as Naruto closed and locked the door while I turned on our security system.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT WARNING THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SMUT!!! To apologize I will upload two chapters next week! One smut, one regular lol <3
Thanks so much for supporting me this long everyone!