Chapter 11- Burn Out

A/N: This chapter takes place during Season 1, Episode 11. I'm debating whether or not I should change the final part of first season.

My phone buzzed. I looked at it. A text from Honoka.

Y/N, how do i tell everyon eabout the news?

what news?

oh, i havent told you yet hehe

what is it?

we are nineteenth place!! we might be able to participate in love live!!!

good job! you shouldn't set it aside as anything different. i think that we should celebrate once we secure our spot :)

thank you, Y/N! ill tell them tomorrow at school!!

That's right. Tomorrow is school again. Nico has been quiet a little lately for some reason, but I shrugged it off. I saw Lemon and Levi wrestling with each other. I put my blankets on and went to sleep.

School had ended, and Nico and I were hanging out in the classroom. Honoka and Rin were fangirling at the computer screen. Nozomi and Eli walked in. Nozomi began to talk.

"Groups are trying for the home stretch. We have to try to stay in the top twenty."

Eli agreed with her.

"I'm sure groups just below twentieth haven't given up yet. We shouldn't try to do anything special, as the school festival is just around the corner."

Nico wanted to be included.

"Then give me, the school president, something to do!"

"Alright Nico, then I have a job just for you."

She gulped. Eli motion Honoka and I to follow her. Everyone else in the club came, too.

We arrived at a lottery to decide auditorium reservations. Nico walked up to try her luck. Eli and Honoka cheered her on.

"Come on, Nico, you got this!"

"Our performance's success depends on whether we can use the auditorium or not!"

I was a bit skeptical.

"Haha, guys, maybe we shouldn't depend on Nico to-"

She spun it. The tension was high.

What came out was.. a normal ball.

The people in charge apologized.

"Too bad. The Idol Research Club won't be allowed to use the auditorium at the school festival."

Everyone in Muse shrieked and fell to the ground. Nico was just staring at the machine in disbelief. I walked up to her for emotional support. She looked at me, scared.

"No way."

"What are we gonna do?"

Honoka had to permanently damage her vocal box with that one. It was so loud. We were all on the roof, brainstorming for what to do next. Everyone started blaming Nico for her unlucky draw. Eli decided to calm everyone down

"Let's move on. Now that we can't use the auditorium, we have to find somewhere else to perform. The athletic team will use the sports ground."

Umi looked defeated.