𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙄𝙄𝙄

M I N A

"Knock it off, she's a good kid." Hwasa came to my defense.

"Yeah, they all are."

Ignoring the remarks, I grabbed Chaeyoung's food and when I placed it in front of her; I saw she had killed another cup of coffee. I didn't need to be asked and pouring her a third cup remarked, "Damn, Chaeng you must be up all night."

"Honey, its been a long time since I've been up all night."

"You mean you can sleep with all the coffee you..." I stopped and felt the blush returning, "Oh, um I get it."

"I don't." Chaeyoung smiled, "That's why it's been awhile."

I gave her an awkward nod and her smile widened, "I love it when you blush, you truly are a breath of fresh air."

"Thanks, I guess." I looked around and seeing no new customers coming in leaned against the counter, after now business was a trickle until lunch and I had to leave at one for class, today would be a lousy day for tips.

"So you never told me what's wrong?" Chaeyoung reminded me while spreading strawberry jam on her toast.

"I did, I said nothing."

"School's good?"

"You asked that already."

"Is it," she lowered her voice, "Your mom, you missing her?"

"Every day." I said softly, "But most days its good stuff and I'm okay."

"I know that feeling well." She frowned, an expression that seemed out of place on her. "All too well." She shook her head as if trying to dispel the upsetting thoughts entering her mind then continued, "Boy trouble."

"No, the only all nighters I have are from studying."

"Nice try, but I don't blush. Difference is I'm old and used up, you're way too cute to be spending every night alone." My face started to heat up again and she laughed, "You are way too easy."

"Nope, I'm a prude remember?"

"I prefer to think of you as a good girl, they're rare these days. So what's the problem? Jin treating you okay?"

"As okay as he treats anyone," I shrugged. "He rides me for being late, but I can't blame him."

"Well that will change now that you moved." Hwasa said walking behind me.

"How did you know I moved?"

"Heard you with Jin," she shrugged, "Remember all I have is gossip."

"You moved?" Chaeyoung asked, "When?"

"Um, yesterday, that's why I look kind of crappy."

"Then why didn't you say that?"

"I don't know."

"Where did you move to?" She picked up her cup and I resisted grabbing my locket while watching her chug the coffee.

"Closer."

"Closer where?"

"Near the Hilton."

"Are you getting something off the rent through the school like the other place?"

"No, not really."

Then why the move?" her eyes narrowed, "Everything okay?"

"I, well I had a problem with the landlord and decided to leave." At least that was pretty much the truth.