| 11 |

Grayson's Point of View

"How about you girls join us for coffee for a little while?" My Dad offered to join them. "You do drink coffee, right?"

"No. It's okay, Mr. Martins." Maureen tried to turn the offer down.

Lauren was looking at Maureen with a knowing look that she wants to go drink coffee. She's well known for her obsession for coffee.

"We would love to go for coffee, Mr. Martins." Lauren chimed in.

"Please, don't call me Mr. Martins. It makes me sound so old. Just call me Garner." My Dad answered.

"You are old, Dad." I remarked which got me a playful glare from him. I smiled sheepishly at him.

"It's on us." My mom said, ribbing my dad in the process.

When we got to the usual cafe my parents always go, we ordered the usual things we would always get whenever we got here. I got my Iced coffee and a slice of chocolate cake.

"Thank you." I heard Maureen say when she got her big mug of tea and a few peanut butter cookies to go with it. She dropped a couple cubes of sugar before mixing her drink. Lauren had also ordered Iced coffee like I did. Mom insisted on buying her a slice of cheesecake which she gladly took. The twins each had a mug of hot chocolate and their favorite chocolate chip cookies.

"How's school been?" My dad asked us while sipping his brewed coffee, sitting beside mom.

"It's great. Just been preparing for the game next week." I answered.

"What about you guys?" My mom asked them while wiping cookie crumbs off Gabe's mouth.

"Uh, I'm part of the yearbook committee, so I'm preparing the cameras for the following events coming this week. Regarding the academics...there's so much homework and projects piling up that has to be passed next week." Lauren said.

"Been busy here and there. I've been decorating the gymnasium for the dance this Friday." Maureen said with a smile. "It's going good."

"That's great. I didn't know you were a little interior designer and an event planner," My mom complimented her. My mom was also a famous interior designer a couple years ago but decided to take a break and just focus on taking care of us, and also because dad was already super busy with all the other family business, the Airline and the shipping company, while also running the school. But Dad doesn't really involve himself in running the school, it's usually my Aunt Germaine runs it alongside running the bake shop my grandma owns. Dad usually only shows up when there is a special occasion in school, like founder's day.

"Not really. I just make sure that everything is going smoothly with planning for a major occasion for school. I ask the other members for their opinions and ideas for the event and try to incorporate it in our theme and try to make it more fun and memorable for the whole school." She explained, holding her mug in both of her hands.

After an hour, Maureen and Lauren excused themselves because they need to go home and said they had a wonderful time hanging out with us.

"You should join us for dinner sometimes," Mom got up from her seat to give them a short hug.

Dinner? I mean I don't mind if we go for dinner sometime, I would love that, but I don't know about them.

"We'll have to do a rain check, but we would love to join you for dinner sometimes." Maureen returned the hug.

Shortly after they left, we also went home, carrying Gabe on the way to the car because he said he was getting sleepy and also Ellie was carried by dad, passed out in his arms.