Chapter 7: No Longer Dead Physically

"Come on!" Harry cried at both April and Wendy upon swinging the door wide open. Their sweaty faces turned from blank and boring to serious and alert in a matter of seconds. "We must leave now!"

"Wait!" Wendy demanded just before the man in the doorway could go. "Why?" April moved not an inch as she waited for him to answer.

"There's mad men coming our way!" he insisted, panic covering his features. A glance around the room stopped him short from leaving just then. Martin. The ill man laid on the floor with erratic breaths coming from his shaking form. He looked unconscious and, to be frank, looked half-dead. If he were to guess, Harry would bet he had only a few hours left. Him and Wendy lifted the sick man over their shoulders and made their way to the door.

"You can't take him like that!" April lectured the two, moving in front of the door with a stern expression. "The man's hurting and you two are just making it worse. If there's people trying to kill us, fine. We'll kill them. Or if it's just me, then I'll do it myself so don't think for a second I'm about to take off with you guys like this. Now set Martin down." Her words were dull and they lacked hesitance.

Levi stood tensely nearby the hut entrance as he waited for everyone to leave, his arms folded over his chest. He eyed the way they came, expecting to see the men Paul talked about at any moment. His patience had worn thin after two minutes of waiting and calling for them to hurry up. Looking the huts direction after a few more moments he set his jaw with irritation seeing that the door remained closed.

"Levi?"

Levi looked and saw that it was Paul was who called his name; he was waiting for them from a distance. Paul sighed from a few yards away, his posture tense as was Levi's, and he started jogged their way with a questioning expression.

"What don't ya' understand?" Paul spat, looking at the way they came. "We gotta go."

Levi shook his head. "I don't think they're coming, though. If they were coming, they'd have been here a while ago," he insisted. Not a second after finishing his sentence did a loud click fill the air. The man beside him gasped in pain then fell to the ground and the hut door slowly opened immediately after.

"G-guys...!" Levi stuttered in terror, seeing the many coming men equipped with guns. He glanced down at the fallen man beside him. "Paul?" The man's back met the ground as held onto his leg, groaning, blood seeping through his fingers.

"My leg! My leg!" he cried out, then began taking in deep breaths through his gritted teeth in an attempt to manage the pain. But the silence didn't last long. "Levi!" he whimpered in a quiet voice, one of his hands finding their way the the sandy ground and he grabbed at it.

"Get out of there!" one of the men demanded to the people in the hut in a heavy and raspy voice. He had long black hair that went just past his shoulders and a mustache that was very pronounced. Sweat soaked through his gray short-sleeved shirt, as was the case for everyone;s clothing from the hot unforgiving sun that shone upon them.

Not a foot nor sound escaped the creaked, partially opened door; there was a deafening silence that filled the scene before the long-haired man spoke once again.

"Don't make us come in there," the man warned as he took a unhesitant step forward, two other men following at his side. Their footsteps were noisy and taunting as they grew closer to the door. A couple men behind them held their guns up and were ready to pull the trigger just in case.

Just before the men barged the door completely open and grabbed a hold of the people within, April turned herself in by sliding through the opening of the creaked door. Her hands surrendered above her head and she had uncertainty on her face. Wendy followed suit, her face holding not only uncertainty, but fear.