15th of September 2013, part 2

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in the place of you and me

We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts swimming in a glass half empty
Trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat

He had found what he was looking for and then he drove to the studio and parked across the street where Harry hopefully wouldn't see him. He was early and while he was waiting for Harry to arrive he tried to come up with things to say to him. He needed to explain why he had broken it off and he needed to convince Harry that he loved him more than anything in this world. To say that he was nervous was an understatement. He was fucking terrified. He didn't know what to do if Harry didn't forgive him.

Five minutes later he spotted Harry walking into the building. He waited five minutes more before he got out of his car and locked it behind him. He hurried to get over the road and snuck into their studio quietly.

Harry was sitting in the studio with a guitar in his lap. Their studio engineer Sam sat behind the glass. His eyes grew wide when he spotted Louis by the door and Louis immediately put a finger over his lips and shook his head to tell him to keep quiet about his presence. Sam hesitated briefly but then he nodded his head and turned to the mixer table to talk into the microphone.
"Are you ready Harry?"

"Yeah, thanks again for doing this Sam. I appreciate it." Harry answered.

Sam pressed play and gave Harry a thumbs up. Louis was hiding in the dark and stared intensely at Harry.

Harry cleared his voice and then he started to play a soft melody on the guitar. As soon as he started to sing the first line of the song Louis broke down crying. He listened to every word as the song continued and it absolutely broke his heart. He made Harry feel like that. He did that to him.

Harry was crying now too and had a hard time finishing the song. When the last chord of the sad tune was done he bowed his head and let out deep sobs. Okay, Louis couldn't watch the love of his life that broken. He had to try and fix this.
"Sam? Do you mind giving us some privacy?" Louis asked softly.

"Sure." Sam said and got up and left. Harry didn't even notice.

Louis sighed. This was it. He better not fuck this up. He took a deep breath and then he walked into the studio and kneeled beside Harry who looked up at him in surprise. Louis took in his tear-drenched face and he started to cry again.
"What are you doing here?" Harry questioned.

"Niall told me where to find you. I need to talk to you but first I just want to say that your song is beautiful, baby. It absolutely destroyed me but nevertheless, it's beautiful." Louis said softly.

"You can't come here and say shit like that and don't call me baby!" Harry shouted and flew up from his chair to storm off.

"Wait! I need to talk to you. I made a mistake." Louis pleaded and got up on his feet.

"You think?" Harry snorted sarcastically.

"Just hear me out. Please, Hazza!" Louis begged.

Harry crossed his arms over his chest and stared at him angrily but at least he stayed put.

Louis dragged a hand through his hair and sighed.
"I was wrong. Breaking up didn't make it easier, it made it a million times harder. I love you so much." Louis started off.

That seemed to offend Harry.
"You have a strange way of showing it. I don't believe you."

"I get that...just...it's rare to find the love of your life when you're as young as we were, heck, we're still young! It's a heavy responsibility to find the one you're gonna spend the rest of your life with and trying to be mature enough to be able to handle that. I freaked out and I started to listen to everybody who told me that a love like ours will never last because it felt easier to give in to the pressure. But they're wrong. These days apart have shown me that. I can't function without you, Harry. I can't fucking breathe. I love you so much and I just wanna be loved by you if that's not too much to ask for? I'm so sorry I hurt you." Louis said and broke down crying.

Harry's features softened.
"Oh, Lou. I wish you had talked to me instead of breaking my heart. I've been fucking miserable. I love you too, so much, but how can I trust that this won't happen again? You don't seem to believe in us. I wouldn't survive it." He broke down crying as well.

"I do believe in us. I can see clearly now. You're everything to me. Don't you for a second think that I don't love you as much as you love me. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't care if we have to hide because our management is stupid fucks. Our contract will end one day and then I'm gonna tell the whole damn world that I love you." Louis said.

"You will?" Harry questioned, sounding insecure.

"I'm proud of us. You're amazing. I love everything about you. In fact, I want to ask you something." Louis said, sounding nervous all of a sudden.

"Oh?" Harry gasped.

Louis reached for something in his pocket and then he got down on one knee and opened the box.
"Don't think I'm doing this just to win you back and that I'm not really ready, or that I don't really want to. I've been thinking about asking you to marry me every day since the first time I told you that I love you, even if I wasn't ready then. I know you're the one for me. You make me so happy, Haz. I don't want to wait until we're older because I want you to be my husband. I love you with everything I am. Will you marry me, love?"

"Oh my God. Yes! Of course, I'll marry you!" Harry shouted and threw himself in Louis' arms.

Louis hugged him close and nuzzled his nose in the crook of Harry's neck and breathed in his scent.
"Does this mean you forgive me?" He asked softly.

"Yes." Harry answered and kissed him.

Louis sighed from the familiar feeling of kissing Harry. It would never stop to amaze him. Harry was his home and he would never let him go again.