Chapter 21

"Why did you come again?" Before we passed through the garden and reached the entrance to the rose colored mansion, a whiny voice complained. 

I rolled my eyes silently. The god of light hadn't changed at all, he's as whiny as ever. 

The god of order ignored the voice and pushed open the gigantic door of the mansion. Pushing my wheelchair, we entered the mansion. The interior of the mansion was similar to it's appearance, it's opulent and shiny. By comparison, the place of the god of order inside the Forbidden Woods was like the place of a beggar. 

I eyed the god of order in disdain. "I can't believe you're poorer than the idiotic god of light," I tsked scornfully. 

The god of order responded with a good natured smile. When I tried to say some more things, I realized he had muted my voice. 

"Be nice." He patted my head once in warning. 

That's when the god of light finally graced us. He stomped down the spiral staircase with a frown on his face. "Why did you come again?" he growled. 

"I think you know the reason pretty well." 

"I am a god! You can't dedicate what I want to do!"

"It's against order to bring a mortal back to life." 

"Then why didn't you stop the other gods when they revived Rachelle a few hundred years back? What's the difference between those gods and me? I just created a body for Rachelle from clay!" he defended himself, face red with anger. 

"They didn't revive Rachelle from the dead, Rachelle was not dead then. She was just put into deep sleep by the gods. Waiting to be revived at the perfect timing as a pawn for them. Waiting to be unleashed to destroy you." 

The god of light stared at the god of order with anger in his eyes, he was fuming. 

"Their act was different from yours. Rachelle was already dead when you tried to revive her." 

"So what? I'm a god I can do what I want!" 

"It's against order to bring a mortal back to life," he repeated in his monotonous voice. 

"Why don't you understand...."

It's you who didn't understand. I rolled my eyes as I secretly glanced into a paper bag holding the new toy I bought, or more accurately the god of order. It's a set of ... what's that called... stuffed toys. I had no idea why they're being sold in the boutique, but I sneaked them into the heaps of dresses I bought. The stuffed toys were so soft and adorable, they're so different from those porcelain dolls three thousands years back. I couldn't help but developed an immediate liking to it. I was not going to let the god of order knew. And I was pretty sure he didn't know, I sneaked in the set of stuffed toys quite stealthily. 

Back to the god of light, he's such an idiot. Everyone knew not to argue with the god of order no matter what. He had limitless patience, he could keep repeating the same sentence for ten years straight. That's why he's a nightmare. 

I placed the paper bag holding my toys away and took out a novel instead. Let's read while the god of order and the god of light engaged in their never ending argument. I had just turned over the cover of the book when their argument pulled me back to reality. 

"You now have a lover you must understand how I feel!" the idiot cried. "Don't you want to fulfill her every wish?" 

Lover? The god of order? Who? This piqued my interest. I looked up in curiosity to find the god of light pointing at me. 

The god of light continued, "Imagine if she died, will you try to revive her with all your power? You will! That's love! " He sighed dreamily.

I wanted to giggle. I scrutinized him. My hypnosis could not last that long, could it? Was I this powerful in the past? 

The god of light was a naive simpleton, that's a known secret. His heart was as clear as crystal and as pure as light. That's why he was the perfect candidate for hypnosis. That's why my family chose him as our retaliation. At that time, we chose another naive beauty, Rachelle. Our plan was for me to hypnotize the two of them so that the two of them believed they had fallen in love at first sight. The plan played out really smoothly. 

In fact much more smoothly than we had predicted. The two naive simpletons fell madly in love. They never suspected a thing. 

So the god of light mistook me as the god of order's lover? I smiled evilly, wasn't that fun?

Before the god of order could say anything, I turned around and grasped the god of order's hand and pretended to look lovingly at the god of order. Blinking my eyes innocently, imitating what I had seen Rachelle had done thousands of years ago, I smiled docilely and sweetly at the god of order. 

The lines between the brows of the god of order appeared again. He looked like he was getting annoyed. 

I opened my mouth, but sadly the mute spell was still in effect. But never mind, I had other ways, I placed the god of order's palm on my cheek and leaned on it, like a girl yearning the warmth of her lover. I wanna to puke, but the expression on the god of order's face made everything worth it. 

"Look! How your lover loves you! Imagine if she's to die, what will you do? Will you revive her?"

The god of order frowned and reprimanded me subtly as he pulled his hand out of mine. He glared at me! I must have annoyed him. If I had known pretending to be a lovesick girl would have annoyed him, I would have done that in the past! I smiled sweetly at him, daring him to respond. I had more tricks up my sleeve. 

I was taken aback when the god of order suddenly responded with a mysterious smile. He patted me on my head in warning as his voice echoed in my brain, "I know you're bored. You're going to meet your old friend soon." 

The god of order placed his hands on my shoulders as he responded the god of light's question with a calm voice, "I'll revive her."

I widened my eyes in shock. The god of order never lied. Then why did he say that? 

---------------

Author's note

Lorelei: Mystery of the century! The god of order lied?