Ch. 5

"No. No. No. NO! This is a joke I- no. Why is dad? He doesn't have.. what?" My eyes widened in shock as I rambled. But dads a cripple what the hell no way. This is a lie.

"John?" Remi asked cautiously.

"This. It's a lie-" I said in denial. I shook my head.

"But..." Surprise overtook my features. I was still processing everything and clearly nobody wanted me to snap at them.

"John who is that?.." Remi asked softly.

"... my uh dad." I admitted finally realizing this was real.

"But my dads a cripple or at least that's what I thought." I added my shaking hands slowly becoming more steady.

Remi sighed. "Ok John, we can skip this one if you're not ready..."

"No.. I need to know why." My voice filled with newfound determination. The ambiance of the room shifted back to what it was earlier.

We got dressed up and discreetly headed out. Isen made sure we didn't get caught. All 4 of us snuck through a back alley and went in a train which would take us to our destination. To be fair I was a bit nervous... this was my dad. I- can't fight him.

Anxiousness clawed it's way through my thoughts. Without a word I followed Blyke, Remi, and Isen. I looked around making sure to stay alert and not lose my focus. I was not planning on letting anyone get badly hurt. So I'd do my best to protect them. I had an unsettling feeling in my gut when I suddenly saw my dad in front of us. It was really him. There was no denying it. But only one question surfaced to my thoughts. Why?... why'd he lie to me, I looked up to him! I wanted to be like him.. and I find out all of it! Every single bit is a lie!

My head felt like it was exploding and suddenly I felt an uneasy feeling swarm me. Shit you're back... I was never gone just bored. Let's kill some people- no. Let's not do that. I'm good thankyou... I squeezed his eyes shut.

Everyone looked at me pensively, waiting for my signal. I nodded snapping out of my thoughts. Determined I walked over to my dad. He swiftly turned around and I met him with a sharp gaze of disapproval.

"Who the hell are you?!" William yelled charging up his ability.

"I could say the same to you I don't even know who you are anymore!!" I snapped defensively. My eyes clouded with hurt I copied my fathers ability. William suddenly stopped in his tracks deadpanned seeing his son.

"You weren't supposed to find out." William muttered.

"Find out WHAT!? This.? " I spat, venom lacing my words.

"Yes I work with Ember. It was an agreement to keep you safe." William explained calmly.

"Keep me safe?! Keep me safe I can keep my self safe I don't need you or anyone babying me I don't even know if I can trust what you're saying!" I gritted frustration overwhelming me.

"I know I fcked up but-" Quickly I cut him off.

"Oh you did more than fck up... I don't even know who you are anymore. Hurting people? This?! I-I this isn't you dad...." I rambled.

"Hypocrite you're acting as if you didn't do the same in New Boston." William snapped back. Tears began to cloud my eyes. That was dirty of him... very mean.

"You need to go Volcán is coming here soon and if she sees you trying to take me down she'll probably take you down." Dad demanded. I glared at him new found disgust in my gaze. How could he lie to me for so long... I thought. Remi, Blyke, and Isen walked over to me slowly a firm opinion in their gaze. It was clear they wanted to stay.

"Dad... there is no reason I should listen to you. I'm staying and fighting. We came here to find Volcán after all." My voice remained firm despite the fact that I considered leaving.

William groaned in frustration. "Please leave!" A hint of desperation swallowed his tone.

"No, dad I'm sorry." I answered firmly. Fire rose in my chest as I awaited Volcan.

We waited patiently, and anxiously for Volcan to arrive. It felt like days had passed....

Suddenly from behind me I felt an aura shift.

"Well. Well. Well.... who would've thought Mr Doe would bring Johny boy right to me." A taunting voice came from behind me. I heard the slow steps as they headed our way.

"You-"

——————————————————
I'm so sorry it took me so long! I'm in class and I got really overwhelmed. I also had to think... I didn't really know what I wanted to do next. I'll try to update more soon. Sorry!

Here have a cookie 🍪 and a nice day.