Part 14

PoV: Shadow

"Shadow... I'm bored..." Sonic was whining in my ear.

"What do you want?" I grabbed him and put him down on the table.

"I want someone to play with me. Can we cook something?" He was bored, but that was understandable. No one wanted to babysit him except the girls and they were all dangerous.

"Here," I got up and got him a puzzle to solve. It would keep him moving and busy all day thanks to his size, "Solve it."

"A puzzle, oh cool I can carry the pieces! Silver look!" He tried to get Silver's attention.

"Mmh nice job," Silver wasn't paying attention to him.

"Shadow look, I found a corner piece!" Sonic was running from one side of the table to the other with different peices. He was happy, though I was curious as to why Silver suddenly lost all interest in Sonic.

"Here, listen to this as you work," I play some music for him and hand handed him the remote to change the station.

"Thank you," he was happy about it.

"We need to talk," I shut the fridge on Silver as he was looking through it.

"What about?" He sat down and I sat were I could keep an eye on Sonic.

"What is wrong with you. You said you coukd handle Sonic. You don't even glance when he calls for you. If I recall properly, you claimed to be his friend not too long ago," I glared at him. He was guilty.

"Look, it's not that I'm not his friend anymore it's just that this is kinda... boring. I liked Sonic because he was adventurous and always brought something fun with him to do. But now... I feel like I'm watching a toddler. There's not much to do," he wasn't wrong. Sonics situation was a bit... dull.

"That still doesn't give you the right to neglect him. Until you learn better I'm sending Sonic to the girls. Tails, Amy, and Knuckles are too busy with Eggman. We'll take over the reconstruction of their houses. They'll be the babysitters from now on. Got it?" I turned on my communicator and sent Rouge a text  about the new plan. Even if the girls were dangerous, Blaze would keep Rouge from getting too outta hand.

"Fine. I would like a change of pace anyway. At least they'll keep Sonic from getting bored," Silver leaned back.

"We'll build your house first so you stop freeloading," I walked away and found Sonic was finishing one edge of the puzzle already. It wasn't a hard puzzle either. Only about a hundred peices. He'd get it done in no time.

"Oh no," Sonic was looking over the edge of the table, "Shadow, I dropped a peice..."

  I looked for it under the table, the moment I found it I stuck it back onto the table, "Try not to drop another one."

"Thank you," he ran with the peice and stuck it into its spot, "Um..." he looked up at me, "Can I help make lunch?"

"Are you hungry already?" I asked, it was nearly noon.

"I want apples!" He jumped into my hand so suddenly I could barely catch him.

"Right..." I put him on the kitchen counter, "Only enough for a snack. I'll cook lunch."

  I cut a strip off an apple and handed it to Sonic. He cut the strips into all the cubes he wanted. I put it onto a sauce plate for him and put him back on the puzzle table with his snack. I started on lunch for myself and Sonic.

  I knew it was a risk, but the girls already texted back with a yes.

  Sorry Sonic, but I need someone who will actually watch you. You'll need to suffer for a bit.

~~~