Part 15

PoV: Shadow

"Where are we going?" Sonic poked his head out of the box as we walked out of the house.

"We're going to help with the rebuilding. This way you won't be so bored," I closed the box and left a head of Silver.

  I appeared in front of Rouge's house, I walked inside and found them repainting the walls of Rouge's bedroom.

"Shadow? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be watching Sonic," Blaze put her paint brush down.

"He's been neglected by Silver quiet often. He might be better with one of you instead," I held out the box for them.

"I'll be happy to watch him~" Rouge ran over and reached for the box. Blaze grabbed it before Rouge could get her hands on him, "Hey!"

"This is you house, you need to focus on rebuilding. I'll watch Sonic, Shadow could you take my place?" Blaze opened the box and Sonic climbed out onto her arm.

"I intended to. Silver will be here shortly to assist us. Feel free for use him as a slave or errand boy. He deserves doing all the hard work," I picked up Blaze's paint brush and continued here she stopped.

    This is for the best.

PoV: Sonic

"Can I help?" I looked up at Blaze, she was holding me in her hands now.

"Hmm... not sure what you could help with. I know, you can me with the cleaning. We have one room that's done, we just need to clean it," Blaze took me to the living room. It was covered in sawdust from them rebuilding. She put me down on the table and pulled a feather off the feather duster, "Here, you can sweep the table."

"Okay!" It wasn't exciting at all but at least it was something. Still... life this small was boring.

  It's this how bugs feel? No one they like to come into people's houses and hide. I hope Tails figured out what was wrong with me.

"Sonic, how are you doing?" Blaze came to check on me.

"I'm not getting very far..." I sighed.

"Let's head over to the convenience store. You can help me pick drinks and snacks for everyone," she picked me up and finished dusting the table in seconds.

"Yeah," being this useless and helpless... its sucks...

  It was quiet while we walked. It was starting to snow again, it really was peaceful.

"Sonic, are you having fun with Silver?" Blaze put me on her shoulder. She was warm, being able to use fire kept her so warm.

"Not really... all he does is sleep~" I yawned.

"That makes sense. Normal hedgehigs hibernate after all. It's in both your genetics," she scratched my chin, "Would you like to take a nap soon?"

"No... I can stay awake..." I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

"Rouge and Shadow have been drinking coffee around the clock to stay awake too. Amy fell asleep today after their heater broke. Tails is trying to wake her up. Knuckles made a wall of empty energy drink cans. If you guys don't last, Tails, myself, and the Chaotix will be the only ones awake until it warms up again," Blaze stopped as we walked by a coffee shop with it's lights on, "You want something to warm you up?"

"Pepermint hot chocolate... please..." it was kind of emberassing to ask for my favorite drink, no one really knew what I liked besides Tails.

"Why not a mocha to wake you up?" She walked it.

"Coffee makes me really hyper... so I don't drink it," I answered.

"Okay, hot chocolate it is," she ordered it for me and we walked to the store after.

  We got snacks and drinks for everyone. Blaze even used one of those super small coffee straws for I could drink the hot chocolate on my own. I sat of the lid of my drink, it was like sitting near a fire.

"You want some?" I asked her.

"I'll have a sip," she held the cup up to her and her lips held the straw. She was so close... I hadn't really noticed how beautiful she was, "Its good."

"Right," I held the straw as she brought the cup down from her chest.

"I'll make sure you get lots of snacks when we get back."

"Okay."

  Walks are slow... but... this one was fun.

~~~