Part 17

PoV: Sonic

  Stay awake... come on... I have to stay awake...

"Oho ho ho ho! This new size of yours is so convenient!" Eggman laughed as we flew back to his lair, "No where to run and no strength to attack me with. You're like a hampster in a cage, and that's exactly where I intend to keep you."

"You won't be holding onto me for long Egghead! I'll get... away..." it was so cold. I was fight my instincts urge to go into hibernation. I could barely keep my eyes open.

"You never were fond of fighting in winter. I should have waited for you to hibernate in the first place."

"You won't... win..."

"I already have rodent."

... ... ...

PoV: Shadow

"Is everyone alright?" Tails shouted as the battle came to an end.

"We're all good over here!" Amy shouted.

"Same here," Knuckles called out.

"Sonic's missing!" Blaze and Rouge came running from the half destroyed convenience store.

"We searched everywhere in the rubble and he's gone," Rouge explained, "We can't find him..."

"Shit," I looked around but I saw to signs of Sonic anywhere.

"Oho ho ho ho!" Eggman flew off laughing, I noticed something in his hand but it wasn't clear enough for me to see what it was. Still, I knew exactly what it could be.

"Eggman must have taken him," Tails spoke before I could with the same theory, "We have to go save him."

"Let's go!" Knuckles, Tails, and Amy started charging after Eggman.

"Wait!" Blaze stopped them, "We don't have a plan! How are we supposed to save him?"

"We fight and grab him!" They ran off anyway, Blaze and Silver following them.

"I'm going with then, are you coming?" Rouge asked as she started to fly after them.

"I will," I followed them seeing as I still didn't know the location of Eggman's base.

  Still, if Sonic was with him I won't have to worry about him going into hibernation. Our best hope was that Eggman had him.

PoV: 3rd Person

  Eggman flew ahead of the group of heroes, losing them in the woods that hid his base. He had a hampster cage set up with a small wheel and water. He dropped Sonic inside and placed a lock over the opening. Sonic safely landed in the soft synthetic bedding. The cage itself was nailed into place so it couldn't be knocked over or stolen.

"I told you I'd capture you one day rodent," he smiled as he walked away.

"Hmm..." Sonic was hardly able to stay awake. He buried himself below the bedding and fell asleep in seconds.

"Ho ho ho ho! And a quiet prisoner too! I'll begin my experiments tomorrow. We'll see how long you'll stay a quiet prisoner soon!"

~~~