short high school au / cooper x travis

tw // high school SNSJKS

Cooper had spent the past few years of his life stuck in the popularity contest that is high school. Why did it even matter, he often questioned? Below the cliques and toxic status quo, they were all just trying to stay afloat amidst the other struggling teenagers. He knew highschool would be irrelevant in a few years, so why was he still trying to impress his peers? The popularity, the privilege, the attention - it became addicting. The validation he got whenever the cheerleaders would flirt with him, or the jocks would invite him to a smoke sesh after school - Cooper needed it.

Truthfully, he hated his situation. A part of him longs to go back in time and reject their invitation to sit with the most popular kids in school. A part of him wants to stand on the lunch table and call each one of them out on their bullshit. But, something stops him. He knows, deep down, that if he were to act out, they'd eat him alive. A classic Mean Girls scenario. On the bright side, they did offer him immunity on school property, and supply him with enough weed to make him forget his troubles.

The day Travis transferred there, Cooper's high school changed. The energy, the aura, shifted, at least for the skater. It was almost indescribable, how Cooper somehow felt different one day than he did the previous. It was almost like there was a magnet trapped in his chest, practically leading him to... first period? Weird. Weirdly normal.

"Cooper, you feeling okay? You've been zoning out all morning," Joko, Cooper's best friend and the most popular boy in school, asked.

"Uh, yeah, I just thought today would be different. But it's exactly the same," Cooper replied, almost sadly.

As if on cue, the magnet inside him reignited, and he looked towards the classroom door, right as a boy walked in. A boy he'd never seen before, but was no doubt intrigued in. He had black ringlets hidden beneath a loose hood, and big brown eyes. He looked calm, yet expectant.

And then he noticed Cooper - likely because he felt the boy's eyes on him, but Cooper took it as a sign that maybe the boy felt it, the magnet, too.

But the moment was soon over, as Travis' feet carried him to a desk.

a/n

ok thats all i told u it was short

maybe ill write a pt 2 soon 0_0 thoughts on that?

wc: 410