sigh / dream x george

tw // depression/sadness

/also this isn't a ship oneshot, just bros :)

It's been a hard few weeks for Dream. Constant pressure during Minecraft tournaments, fanwars and hateful hashtags towards his friends because of non-existent drama, being completely unmotivated and uninspired... yeah, a hard few weeks. The blond had been laying in bed all day, his phone lost somewhere in the blankets piled on his bed, YouTube and Twitter forgotten - just staring at his ceiling in the dark, lost in his own thoughts and worries.

Gentle knocks at his bedroom door eased Dream back into reality.

"Dream? It's George, can I come in?"

As if Dream wouldn't recognize his best friends' strong accent, even after years of knowing one another. But Dream was too tired to respond. He was too tired to do anything but blink and breathe.

George opened the door anyway.

"Dream?" He asked softly, walking towards the blond's bed.

Yellow light crept in from the hallway, a shift in ambience that Dream was indifferent towards. He was distracted when he felt a dip in the bed by his knee.

"What's wrong? You haven't been yourself lately, and you've barely left your room in days. I'm so worried, Dream," George sounded upset, and Dream hated himself more for worrying his best friend so much.

"I'm sorry, I'm okay," Dream pushed himself onto his elbows reluctantly, and every movement burned, but he smiled anyway.

"No you're not, but that's okay. Can I do anything-"

"What? Seriously, George, I'm fine."

"You're obviously not. I'm your best friend, I know you better than you know yourself! Please don't shut me out Dream, please let me help," Dream's eyes softened when he noticed George was on the verge of tears.

The blond didn't reply. He felt awful for worrying his friend so much, but incredibly grateful for the shorter's kindness.

"I'm just stressed. And I'm so tired. Everyone expects so much of me and I'm worried I'll disappoint them," Dream sighed.

"Oh, Dream," George rested a hand on the blond's shoulder, "The fans are so proud of you, they love you! You're, like, the best Minecraft PVP'er of the century! And even if you messed up, or didn't win a tournament, no one would think any less of you, I promise."

a/n

short but :)

wc: 365