snacks and the sunset / travis x cooper

It was so close to  Summer, and Cooper couldn't be more excited. Spending all day with his friends, staying up late without worrying about school the next day... It sounded like a dream to him. His best friend, Travis, felt the same - mostly.

"I don't know, Coop," Travis sighed, "I'm just worried we'll drift apart."

The boys were sitting in the school courtyard, Cooper doing various tricks on his skateboard, Travis sitting on the grass, watching.

"Bro, you and I are gonna be fine! If anything, we'll just get closer."

The shorter boy sighed, still feeling worried. His friend noticed, and picked his board up.

"Hey," He said softly, "Wanna go to 7/11? It's super close to here."

Travis looked up to see his blond friend smiling kindly, holding a hand out.

"I don't have any money, though."

"My treat."

With that, Travis smiled gratefully, excited about the short adventure that had sparked.

-

"How much further?" Travis asked.

"Not much, it's right up here."

The pair was walking towards a convenience store, the sunset painting the sky shades of pink and orange. It was such a sight, the boys couldn't help but feel lucky to witness it.

Wispy clouds littered the atmosphere, and a cool breeze made Travis shiver.

"You cold?" Cooper asked his friend.

"Little bit."

"Here," The taller removed his hoodie and handed it to Travis, "Take it."

Travis blushed, the simple action meaning so much to him.

"Thank you."
They continued walking, until they arrived at the 7/11.

"You can get whatever," Cooper said with a smile, walking straight to the chip aisle.

When the two were done paying, they sat on the curb to watch the sunset.

"So," The blond started, opening his bag of chips, "What's got you down?"

Travis sighed.

"I'm just scared, Coopie. The future is so... scary, literally anything could happen, and that uncertainty makes me uneasy."

"Yeah," Cooper hummed, "I know how you feel. I know there's not much I can say or do, but... what I do is, whenever I catch myself freaking out about what could happen later, I force myself to focus on the life I'm living right now."
Cooper looked into his friend's sparkling eyes.

"Like, look at the sunset, Trav, isn't it pretty?"

Travis nodded with a meaningful smile.

"And, look at us. We're literally vibing."

"You're right," Travis giggled, "We are literally just vibing."
To any stranger passing by, Travis and Cooper were just two teens eating overpriced snacks on the sidewalk. But, to them, it was a perfect way to spend the afternoon.

With the sun almost completely below the horizon, both boys knew the perfect moment was almost over.

With a deep breath, Cooper spoke.

"Hey Travis?" He looked over.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry if this fucks up the moment or anything but... can I kiss you?"

Cooper shyly looked into the shorter's eyes, which were sparkling with happiness and purity.

"Yeah," Travis said softly, wanting nothing more than for this night to be completed with a kiss from his best friend.

The blond leaned in, still trying to gather his thoughts and his breath, so he wouldn't make a fool of himself during the perfect moment.

And they kissed.

a/n

i rly like this one :> its cute

wc: 490