Thomas Visits Ben

Bens' POV

         I watch the the clock anxiously as the time gets closer and closer to when Thomas promised to be here.

     I know that being away from Ares is going to be hard for my Vampire friend but I couldn't make myself get in the car and drive to the same city that tore me down piece by piece and forgot the most important pieces when I got rebuilt.

     As I sit on my couch and let my thoughts wander I let my hands fall to my swollen belly, almost six months along now. I can't believe I was trapped by that man for three months.

     I still can't believe I survived.

     But I owe it all to my one and only friend that I have left in the world, the only one that I would trust inside my home without panic of that man coming back to haunt me. To steal me.

      Having Thomas as my one friend during that time period, even if he hated me during some of it, was the only thing that kept me going. Because I knew it was my fault he was there. And I knew it was my responsibility to make sure that he survived, even if that meant putting myself in harms way to make sure that it wouldn't fall to him.

      Because there's one secret that I withheld, something that even Thomas doesn't know.

      When I would be down there in that basement with him, I heard his lover's name on his lips. I heard him call Ares, Zack. I knew that name and I fought to make sure Silas never found out. And it's because of that accomplishment and the one that's growing in my stomach that I choose to keep going.

     My baby girl, while the product of one of the most disgusting acts that can be done by your soulmate, is my only tether to this world.

     I made peace with who she is a long time ago, and I also know that she's going to need me around. That we are going to need each other when we grow older. That I'll have to tell her about her father one day and why she doesn't have one around. But I am prepared for all of that. I have my one friend, my new home and my sweet baby girl on the way.

      I'm so lost in my thoughts, I don't pay attention to the steps that make their way to my door, so the sound of someone knocking makes my heart fly to my throat before I realize that it's only Thomas finally arriving, right on time as he promised.

      I lift myself from my couch and make my way to the door before unlocking it.

     Most people would think with my paranoia that I would have more locks on my door and am alarm, but what I'm not is a fucking idiot.

     If a Daemon decided he wanted to come into your home uninvited, no door, lock or alarms is going to stop them or even slow them down, so why waste money that I could be spending on food?

    I open the door and reveal my Vampire friend who looks so much better than the last time I see him and slight tears come to my eyes as he grins down at me. "Oh Ben! You're so big!" He says in shock as I let myself move to the side and let him in. He rolls in his small suitcase and looks me up and down in awe.

       "Thanks for coming. I didn't even know you wanted to see me." I tell my friend, not in any bitter manner but in an honest one.

       "Why wouldn't I?" He asks as if genuinely confused and I tell him, shrugging my shoulders as I lead him into the living room to rest my aching back against the couch.

       "I left you, after what you had been through. I ran away because I couldn't handle being there anymore." I tell him, frowning a little at myself as I rub my swollen belly in distress, hating how week I am for letting the idea of a city fuck me over so hard, I can't even think about visiting without being sent into a panic attack.

         "Ben, you saved me, probably even more times than I know, and you spent longer with that man than I ever could imagine. And he was your Bond. Don't be afraid for doing things to let yourself heal." He tells me with a soft smile before he chuckles quietly. "I'm still learning that myself."

        Not wanting to talk about this anymore, I divert the conversation to something else, an art I perfected in my weeks of traveling as I tried to find somewhere comfortable to settled down long enough to have my baby girl.

       I'm not sure when I will ever stop running, but for now, I chose to stay in place trying my hardest to lay down some roots so that maybe I can grow.

      "How's Ares?" I ask, being careful as always to make sure his given name doesn't slip. Thomas' whole face lights up as soon as the question falls firm my lips and it makes me smile to myself to know that the two are still so in love with each other.

       "He's perfects. Though he's still upset that I had to leave and that he couldn't come up here himself to check on you." He tells me and I smile to myself with a shake of my head.

      "He would just dot in me like a mother hen. Your Bond is very maternal." I tell him and he blushes as if the phrase triggers something and I catch my eyes widening in surprise. "Are you pregnant?"

       "No! No. I mean we talked about it last month. And we've had a conversation here and there and I know he really wants one but.... I'm not ready." He says and I reach across us to place my hand in his even if it feels like it's making my skin burn and itch to the touch.

       "Don't try to make yourself ready for something you're not. But also, don't hold yourself back firm healing because you're scared." I tell him and I catch the way his eyes fly up to mine and widen. "You forgot we went through the same thing. I know what it's like, to be terrified of who you will turn out to be after you've healed. How much of your soul and heart will be left when the trauma isn't in the way of them anymore. That's not something that you can guess it measure. The only thing you can do is let yourself heal and grow and believe in yourself and your lover that everything is going to turn out the way it's supposed to." I tell him.

      "You've grown a lot since we became friends. You're very wise." Thomas tells me with a weak smile and I shake my head.

       "It took me months to figure it all out. I'm not any more wise than the next person. I just know that some things are easier to learn on your own, while others you hope you never will. It might be too late for me to get that perfect ending but you still have time." I tell him and he sighs and squeezes my hand again.

        "I miss you back home." He tells me and I shake my head with a smile.

       "This is home now."

✨✨✨

        "You better be taking care of my kitten, Ben." Ares tells me over the phone and I roll my eyes at Thomas who is laying across from me. The two of us were laying down, facing each other as we talked when Thomas' phone is between us buzzed and of course it was his lover calling to check up on the two of us.

        "No. I'm corrupting him." I tell him and Thomas snickers beside me.

         "You're still a little shit." Ares grumble but I can still hear the relief in his voice from where Thomas told him I was okay and perfectly fine living out here so far away from their home.

         "You can go away now. We're trying to sleep." Thomas sasses and I can see how his lips twitch in the mostly darkness. Ares scoffs in the phone before we hear a chorus of fake sniffles.

            "Bullying is wrong guys." He tells us and of course we roll our eyes at the dramatic man. Once we say our goodbyes and the couple stays on the phone a little bit longer it's once again quiet in the room. As I feel my eyelids drop, Thomas' hands come between our chest and entangles with mine.

         "Thank you for coming to see me." I tell him.

        "Anytime."

~~~~~~~~~~
Since this is a new voice I'm still perfecting it but this is so wholesome and cute I fucking loved it. Thomas and Ares cameos give me life.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Why didn't anyone tell me I forgot to make a cover and description for Ben's book?