Memories - the greatest pain

"KAGEYAMAAAAAA!!!"

"BOKE HINATA BOKE!!"

"That toss was amazing! Sugoi! Sugoi!"

"Shut up Boke." Kageyama says, blushing and averting his eyes from the tall orange haired boy.

It's been only a year since Hinata has started playing volleyball at Karasuno. Nobody knows what he did before but frankly, nobody minds when he doesn't want to talk about it. He always talks loudly and happily, attracting lots of attention from everyone, like a social butterfly, no, like the sun. Not only does his bubbly personality, height and intellect make everyone adore him but he is also insanely good looking. His bright orange hair is always bouncing around messily, adding to his cuteness. He has a tall muscular frame and a blinding signature smile. However, the feature that is the most astonishing are his eyes. His brown chocolate eyes always glow no matter the lighting. Sometimes they even look like piercing orange lights, staring right into your soul, just like a fox.

But a fox does not belong in a 'murder'.

"Alright! Time for a break! Get some water and rest for now, then we'll continue practice!" The captain, Daichi Sawamura yells and sits down on a nearby bench next to Suga as he talks through strategies with him. The others also rest while watching Nishinoya, Hinata and Tanaka fool around by splashing water around, throwing bits of random food found on the ground at each other and doing handstands. Just the usual day. After a few minutes everyone gets back to practice until it's completely dark outside.

The moon is nowhere to be seen, covered by large clouds that are almost indistinguishable amongst the pitch black sky. The stars are also hidden. A soft rain starts to descend causing a light 'pitter patter' on the smooth pavement. The gentle wind sways the trees and gives them chills as it hits their faces. Nights similar to these were not rare there. Slowly, with a few 'goodbyes' the club members disperse one by one, leaving Hinata alone. Alone again. In the dark. The rain starts to pelt down harder. He mounts his old red bike and starts to pedal. Silence. Heavy breathing.

"You're good enough to be on your own. As am I. We don't need practice. That's only for the weak. I hope I won't see you again."

"Listen Hinata-cchi, I think it's best if we stop being friends. We need to focus more on ourselves to be stronger. Goodbye, Hinata."

"Hina-chin gomen. I'm too strong. I'll crush you."

"Shoyo I sincerely apologize for I will no longer be allying myself with you for my own benefit. Don't think of me as selfish. I am simply choosing what is best for the team. I am never wrong when it comes to these kinds of judgments."

"Hinata Shoyo, the success of the team is always the first priority and if you are not willing to do your part then you should leave, nanodayo."

Huh?

What?

Why?

The tears are spilling out like an overflowing cup of water. Eh? He reaches out, surprised to feel them running down his face freely. The road is blurry. The turn is gone. Where is it? Suddenly there is darkness. Only darkness. Maybe it's better this way. The silence is comforting after all.

Hinata POV

I start to enjoy the silence when suddenly I hear a muffled noise next to my ear. It's getting louder by the second and now I feel someone gripping me tightly and shaking my body frantically. My eyes act by themselves and open. The light is blinding.

"Are you alright? Can you hear me? Can you see me? Hinata I repeat are you there?" The person asks, his voice full of fear.

How? How does he know my name?

My vision quickly repairs itself and I see the dark figure clutching me on the road, pointing a small flashlight into my eyes as I feel the blood in my mouth. Oh, how could i forget.

"It's you." I whisper.

Author's note.
The updates are VERY, I mean VERY IRREGULAR. I am soooo busy rn with all these tests and exams. Corona virus is also destroying my life so c ya guys in Hell.