Saviour

Hair red, red like blood. Brows arched in a worried frenzy. Matching ruby eyes, wide with panic. When he notices me regaining consciousness I can almost hear his heart beat slow down with relief. He is crying, trying in vain to wipe the tears away with his elbow and failing miserably. The rain has stopped. The night is clear once more.

My head is throbbing vigorously and I attempt to get up. My nose is bleeding and I don't even try looking at the damage, too afraid of what I'll see. Why is he crying?

"K-K-Kaga-Kagami?" I manage to croak out through the pain.

"I'm so sorry, so sorry, so sorry..." He repeats, muttering the same two words over and over like a prayer. He lifts me up, groaning with effort and gently lays me down into his car. I only manage to get one last look behind me, seeing my bike lying off one of the railings, bent in half like a discarded toy in the mud.

I blink subconsciously. It's dark.

Hospitals. I hate them. From the white miserable walls to the disgusting food and sickeningly clean air. The first thing I feel is the desire to rip away all the tubes and bandages from my body and get the hell out. The next is the unbearable agony. I hear a desperate scream full of distress and suffering, only later realising that it is mine. Men and women wearing white uniforms surround me, shouting at me to stay calm and to relax. I'm always one to listen. Blurry, everything is blurry again.

Next thing I know, I'm sitting in a hospital bed with a doctor explaining my situation in his heavy German accent as I try and understand what he is trying to say to me.

"Listen Hinata, you will have to stay here a while. You have a broken nose, ribs, both legs and right arm. To top it off, your shoulder is dislocated. You will heal eventually but know that it will take a lot of time. If you want to speak to anybody or want help, just ask me. I'll come in to check on you in a few hours."

"Just great." I spit in anger and frustration.

A few minutes after he leaves the room, I hear a patient knock on the door. "May I come in?" The voice says and I consent without hesitation, eyes wandering over the white door. Suddenly it swings open to reveal my saviour.

"Kagami...Hey." I say awkwardly. He strolls over to the table beside me and places a dozen colourful flowers into the glass vase before sitting down next to my bed.

"Hey, Hinata... I'm glad you're alright. I really thought you were gonna die with.. all that blood and.. you looked... Nevermind. Anyway, how have you been so far, except for well, this incident..?" He asks, his eyes looking into mine and then looking away quickly.

"Uhh, yeah I've been fine. I don't play basketball anymore but I play volleyball now and it's really fun! Say, why are you in Miyagi now, Kagami?" I ask with a smile.

"I'm here to visit a friend and, well, find you. You disappeared without a trace and everyone was worried sick ya know. But I guess I found you now, h-haha..." He laughs pathetically.

"Yeah.... so, what are they up to?" I ask, not even realising that I'm holding my breath as I wait for Kagami to answer.

"They're better now. They realized their mistake and regret it. They know that they're stronger together now after Kuroko won them over. Especially Akashi." He says with slight hesitation but locks his eyes straight into mine as he says this. I can feel his flaming eyes burn with passion and see him observing my every reaction carefully. I make sure not to stutter and quickly change the subject.

"Ahh Kuroko! Are you guys dating now? It was so obvious you liked each other before but you were too scared to confess lol."

His face instantly turns into a red hot mess while he stutters and tries to find the right words to express himself.

"Y-y - ye-yeah" he stammers as he turns his head away and lifts up his arm to rub his temples for a few seconds. "Well anyway, I should be going now. I hope you get better soon!" He laughs and darts out of the door at the speed of light. I can almost see the steam that he produces. I wait for a second, my eyes still wandering over the white door. Suddenly I witness his large frame reappear at the doorway, completely serious now. "Be careful, okay?"

Just like that, he was gone. Again.

Hinata POV

It's been a few months since then. All my injuries have healed surprisingly fast. My doctor called me a superhuman. I am now actively playing volleyball once more. Kageyama and I are now dating. He took care of me throughout all of this and I can't be more thankful to anyone. My life feels perfect again. There is nothing more to ask for. Except for one detail-

Third person POV

"Oi! Hinata! Stop spacing out! You're setting a bad example to the first years!" Kageyama screams into his face. They are currently in the middle of a practice game against Nekoma.

"Ah, gomen gomen!" He replies with a smile that could charm even the straightest person and make them fall head over heels for him. The entire room soak in the flawless energy and you can almost see the pink smoke and hearts rolling into the scene. After a moment everyone is concentrated on the game again and the points sky rocket on both sides, neither of them willing to back down. However, Karasuno is winning 2-1 by the time they hear tonnes of screams right outside the door. Girl screams. Not the scared ones, but the insanely excited ones.

"Ugh, it's Oikawa" Kageyama spits. The teams try to continue the game but the screams keep getting closer and louder by the minute. Eventually Ukai calls the time out so they can wait for Oikawa to pass by. Suddenly, the door swings open and a tall build appears at the entrance.

"Oikaw-"

Note:

Just like me. I finna disappear with all these mf exams and shit. I warned ya'll that the updates will be irregular and the chapters short ;)