chapter five

VIOLENT DELIGHTS
─────────────────────────
( chapter five! )

HER SHOWER WAS SHORT LIVED. Mostly because the water pressure soon gave out almost entirely and she was getting sporadically sprayed with ice water alongside her scalding preference. Nonetheless the quick wash and shampoo lathering of her hair was a much needed, and well loved experience. Despite being the daughter of the sun god she always did love a good bath or swimming experience. Though truthfully, she had had more than enough ocean views and sea swims to last her at least until the end of her teenage years.

The clothes Azalea had borrowed form Lou Ellen fit her a little snugger than her own clothes, seeing the girl herself was long and lanky though likely from her recent growth spurts. The only thing even slightly loose on her at all was the shorts, and that was only because they were a worn pair of black athletic ones likely found at a local Sport Check. It was strange for her to glance in the cracked bathroom mirror to actually see more than her usual mosquito bite size boobs. In the girls too she actually looked like she had the growing body of a girl and not some preteen boy who hadn't gotten a voice change yet.

Like the green haired girl had predicted combing through the tangled of her dirty blonde hair had been the most time consuming of her entire routine in cleaning. She nearly snapped the thing twice trying get through the knots. Eventually she was able to get it laying modestly straight on her shoulders, still damp and soaking lightly through the straps of her top, before she quickly borrowed one of the elastics the twins had left her and tied it on top of her head in a messy styled knot. Before vacating the bathroom she slipped on the bracket around her wrist, the gold glimmering in the shotty lights, and padded through the cabin in her bare feet to slip back on her now grass and mud stained converse.

When she walked inside she was met with a girl sitting in her bed, reading from a book the size of a standard dictionary in volume, with a pinched expression between her brows. At her entrance the girl firmly snapped the book closed and Azalea was met with the most piercing of grey eyes. They were like storm clouds in appearance, intimidating at first glance. Azalea clutched at her bare waist, used to finding her sword at her hilt. Her hand only met thing sir and she felt even more vulnerable to the stare.

"I'm Annabeth," The girl introduced not unkindly, though not with the usual smile Azalea has gotten accustomed to at the camp.

"Azalea," She greeted with a smile, hoping to get the girl to not look so scary in the otherwise natural and cluttered cabin.

"I know," the grey eyed girl stated simply as she set the book at her side and stood up with ease. Azalea noticed that her hair was a messily braised down her back, though a few strands of curls escaped and crammed her tanned complexion. If it weren't for the eyes, and that she hadn't met the girl at the Apollo table earlier, she would have thought her to be her half sibling. She certainly looked the part. 

"I'm here to take you to the armoury," the girl added in explanation to the unasked question on Azaleas tongue. "The Hermes cabin has sparring in fifteen minutes, since you missed archery, and you'll need a weapon to train with."

At the mention of her lack of weapon, Azalea felt a slight pang that she would have to choose a replacement to her one left on the yacht. The first blade she had ever learned and became rather skilled with wasting away in the hanger with all the rest of the rogue godly children.

Playing the part of the new kid, Azalea let her eyebrows rise to her hairline in shock, concern or fear, whichever the blonde girl would like to choose as her reaction at the mention of fighting. Internally, Azalea was excited to do some actual training at the camp and not be forced into something she had never liked despite her parentage. Like archery.