chapter eight

VIOLENT DELIGHTS
─────────────────────────
( chapter eight! )

EVEN WITHOUT her ball-cap of invisibility, Annabeth was rather good at staying out of sight. Azalea had searched high and low for a good twenty minutes, even going as far as the check the stables before she spotted her walking, well more accurately storming, out of Cabin Six. The dirty blonde haired girl felt like an idiot for not checking her cabin sooner and wasting her time at all the other off land-ish type of places she thought the curly haired girl might be instead.

"Annabeth!" She called our, as the girl whipped around to her wise her eyes furrowed and her hair being slightly tousled by the light breeze that had a whirling a effect in the arranged formation of a horseshoe by the cabins. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

The curly haired blonde girl rolled eh eyes, as Azalea hogged the few yards to her side as she tucked her loose hair behind her ears again for the millionth time that day. "Lee sent me out to let you know where Clarisse was."

"So you found her then?" Annabeth cut to the chase with her eyes widening in anticipation as she stuffed her twitching hands in her pockets and her eyes analyzed Azalea's facial features coldly. "I checked the scheduled sparring session and she wasn't there, and I couldn't find any of her usual punching bag demigods more bloodied than usual."

"Chiron must have gave her the dismissal on her schedule for most of the day then," Azalea cut in swiftly, before the girl could continue her, likely very lengthy, list of all the places she had already been.  "She's at the Big House today, you know, with him."

Annabeth eyebrows dashed upward towards her hairline for a fraction a second at the realization of the Ares' girls whereabouts, before solemnly returning to the downcast expression that every camper seemed to create at the demigod-in-the-basement's mention. Her pale but chapped lips made an inaudible 'oh' sound, as she took her twitching hands from her pockets and began to pick at her nail beds unconsciously.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Azalea asked, a little timidly, a tone she didn't use often but she could tell from the girls mannerisms, that were most unusual for her, that her mind was most definitely not in this dimension or no where near the mind space of the conversation at hand.

The girls grey eyes shot up to meet Azalea's with confusion clouding the outskirts of her iris'. Definitely not paying close attention to what she was saying at all.

"What?"

"To the Big House to find Clarisse," Azalea clarified with worry starting to creep in her own mind. Annabeth was acting stranger and more desolate than usual. Something was defiantly up and even she the new girl could tell.  "Can I come with?"

Out of blue, the blonde haired girls facial expression completely soured and her hands clenched into fists as she snapped, "I know my way to Big House."

"I know, but I just thought—"

"Well obviously you thought wrong." She remarked coldly, as she tightened her curly haired ponytail at the top of her head and pivoted on her heels. "Thanks for the help, but I got it from here. Go tell Jackson, that dinner is in twenty and he better not be late."

Azalea frowned with her lips pulling back in a sneer as she I drive out shot back with the same venom the blonde girl has thrown her way distastefully. "Tell him yourself, I'm not a mailman."