chapter nine

VIOLENT DELIGHTS
─────────────────────────
( chapter eight! )

DINNER AS ALWAYS was a rather boring affair, with her entire cabin around her talking about their days or half-heartedly bickering about some insignificant thing. But it was normal. They type of normal and routine that Azalea missed from her old life as on the Andromeda it was anything but. Constantly instead filled with chaos and disorder. It was soothing to say the least. At least until Mandy started pinching at her side to gain her attention as she went to inquire what her and Percy had talked about 'for forever . . .' -, Mandy's description not Azaleas'.

"We didn't talk for forever," Azalea argued with a roll of her eyes as she pushed around the leftovers of her mushy Caesar salad on her plate. A side dish her mother used to make, before Azalea had set the entire house aflame. Despite the meal tasting like a home long lost, it only felt like wet mud on her tongue. Not at all enjoyable or comforting to say the least.

"Mhm sure," She gloated with what could only be decided as a knowingly look. Azalea had to force herself not to glare at the younger girl as she then went on to tell the entirety of their half siblings about Azalea's so called elongated talk with the son of Poseidon.

"- and Percy was literally stumbling over his words it was so funny!" She told Will and Michal extravagantly with wide arm gestures and giggles throughout. Azalea had spaced out for most of it-, as she realized that Percy had in fact been late to dinner, and only caught the tail end of her sisters cock-and-bull story.

Not overly paying attention as she scanned the crowds around for the ink haired boy to come up empty, she muttered under her breath as she quickly snapped at the frizz haired girl. "He was not Mandy, you're making that up."

"Am I?" Mandy asked innocently with her large brown eyes peering up at her with false innocence. Though she quickly lost to that scheme as she then added, more for her brothers sake than Azaleas dignity. "You weren't any better though. With all that teasing."

The blonde girl made a mental note to push the younger girl into the lake at the earliest moment available for her lies and insinuations that were absolutely untrue. She most definitely was not teasing the Son of the Sea and was in fact delivering a message, like she had been told to do.

"I was delivering a message, nothing more."

"And that took three hours?" Will piped up, grinning ear to ear. Azalea steeled her gaze in a glare towards him, though he didn't even have the kindness to look intimated. If anything, he just smiled wider and resembled the exact image of their shared father.

Being more than done with the conversation at hand, Azalea shoved the meal ahead of her and went to stand up. "Whatever." She sharply remarked with a huff, "you all keep gossiping about something that didn't happen. I got a blonde girl to interrogate."

"Lea," Mandy whined in her 'please don't be mad I'm only joking' tone that, for just a second, make the blonde girl pause. Though she closed off her empathy and weakness to the young girl and strode away nonetheless. Azalea was allowed to be annoyed with them, she didn't know them and they didn't know her. She knew Mandy, Micheal and maybe Will, but the rest were strangers making idiotic assumptions about her that weren't true. She wasn't teasing Percy, she was bickering with him and doing a job. Nothing more, nothing less.