chapter twelve

VIOLENT DELIGHTS
─────────────────────────
( chapter twelve! )

WAITING. That's all Azalea or any of the head counsellors could do while the blonde girl visited the Oracle of Delphi. The dirty blonde girl in question had never been very good at waiting always jumping the gun on many occasions due to her impatience but this what outside of her control. She couldn't jump the gun on this one even if she had wanted too. Perhaps that is why she found her self sitting next to Percy on the porch of the big house in Mr. D's own pinochle chair.

While they sat, Percy told Azalea of his own encounters with the Oracle and past experiences others have had. He started with first time when she sat the back of the crusty old attic of the house next to hundreds of odd trinkets scattered about. He swore he even saw an only monster head mounted on a wall. Azalea told him he was just an idiot. The next retort of her actually leaving the attic and walking into the heart of the woods where he was then forced to carry her back, have Azalea chills personally she would have left the mummified hippie lady to rot out there. If she could get out there on her own she could get back their just fine.

The stories of other encounters with the future telling corpse were about as pleasant, with people going insane or had seen visions so real and terrifying that they had a heart attack on the spot. Azalea prayed that Annabeth didn't have any of those reactions to this prophecy. Quintus exited the building a few moments later and greeted them both with a small hand gesture before continued to the a latch of grass outside where he met and spoke with Chiron. The two directors were obviously in a heated debate before Chiron waved him off and trotted a few meters away to give the Stoll's hell for picking at Silena and Beckendorf were attempting to have a pleasant chat on their own.

In the relative quiet, the two demigods silently sat on the porch, at least they did until a girl hidden in a push garnered their attention.

"Psst!" Azalea jumped at the noise, while Percy flinched as they turned to the said greenery to find Juniper squatting in hideout within it. Her ivy green skin camouflaging perfectly with the leaves and small flower buds in opened song the tops of it. She gestured the two of them over to her place of hideout. Not seeing a reason to object, azalea went a crouched over to her, with Percy closely following in her footsteps.

"You both need to know," The nymph started gif urgently with a wild look in her eyes as she quickly farted look over her shoulder for eavesdropping. "Luke wasn't the only one I saw around that cave."

This took both the half-bloods by surprise. Azalea instantly jumped in with a question to the girl. "What do you mean?"

Juniper glanced behind her once again before meeting Percy curious green eyes. "I was trying to say something, earlier. but he was right there."

"Who?" He asked, obviously trying to get her to cut to the chase.

"The sword master," she whispered with a glance at Azalea and then falling back onto Percy. "He was poking around the rocks."

Azaleas stomach clenched, as her eyes wandered to the man in question. He was lazily throwing a large ball for his Hellhound Mrs O'Leary in the grass, despite the lack of light to light the way. He didn't look like the type of person she would peg Luke or Lord Kronos to find at all helpful to their cause. Not when she was already stationed here as a spy with one other anonymously.