Chapter Eleven-Wedding Bliss

Hello, Lovelies, 

This is the second chapter for my double update today.  I hope you enjoy it.  As I said, this book has my full attention until it is completed.  

-XXXX Amanda 

**********

Darkness still shrouded me when the light that was Mirella's personality surrounded me the morning of my wedding. She nudged me with a rough shove, impatient for me to move. When I didn't she did it again.

"You're worse than Aurora," Mirella said in a voice more like a chirp, "It's your wedding day. You should be awake and ready to face the day. Don't you want to see what you look like in your dress? Come on, Nadia. Please get up."

I opened one eye and tried to project hostility but Mirella only laughed and nudged me again, "Come on," she pleaded, "You've only got a few hours. It takes a good amount of time to make you beautiful."

"Hey!" I said as I opened both eyes to peer at her, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Mirella grinned, flashing perfect white teeth, "I knew that would wake you up," she said, laughing as I threw a pillow at her, "I don't understand why you believed that. You're beautiful. I want you stunning though so get up."

She nudged me again and I rolled my eyes. Either I rose from the bed or I would be covered in bruises on my wedding day. I groaned and sat up narrowing my eyes at her further. My mother was already in the kitchen making coffee. She turned to me and smiled.

"My baby is waking up for the last time in my presence," she said and then, grinned, "I will miss seeing you in the morning...Even if you are grouchy."

I swallowed over the lump in my throat. This would be the last time I would wake up to see my mother making breakfast in the kitchen. I glanced around. It would be the last time I would wake up in the only home I'd ever known. I shook my head. It was too early for this much sentimentality. I forced a smile and moved further up in bed. Mirella clapped her hands excited that I was alert.

"You are going to have so much fun this morning," Mirella said barely able to keep from bouncing. For a moment, I was jealous of her energy.

I raised a brow, "I'm pretty sure that I would have had more fun if you'd let me sleep an hour more."

My mother snickered and then, shook her head, "She wouldn't allow you to do that," she said with wide eyes as she glanced at Mirella, "She's too much like her mother."

Mirella straightened and narrowed her eyes. She faced my mother with pursed lips, "I am not," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You didn't know her when she was young," my mother said, setting a cup of coffee on the bar and glancing at me with pity in her eyes, "The coffee is for you. It will wake you up."

I smiled relieved, "Thank you, Momma," I said as I stood and made my way to the coffee. Mirella bounced beside me to the bar and sat down.

A knock at the door caused us to jump and my mother laughed as she walked to it and opened it. Lilly walked in and shook her head when she viewed Mirella. She raised her brows and smirked.

"Somehow, I realized that I wouldn't beat you here," she said and turned to me with an apologetic expression in her eyes, "She does this to everyone. However, I was already awake when she came for me."

Mirella's grin widened, "Of course, I do this to everyone," she said as I sipped the coffee from the warm mug, "I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out."

"I wouldn't have minded this morning. I wouldn't have been upset at all," I said, chuckling into my mug, "But I'm up now."

Mirella's grin widened, "See," she said, grinning, "She sees reason."