Chapter Fifteen-The Darkest Revenge

Hello, Lovelies, 

This is the third update for today.  Tomorrow, I will be updating the rest of this book.  I truly hope you are enjoying it.  I adore you all.  

-XXXXX Amanda 

**********

Eli came soon after bringing me food. He stared at me for a few moments when I refused to come near and sighed as he sat it down on the bed. He raised a brow and pressed his lips thin as if upset I didn't trust him.

"It's food," he said, frowning, "I wanted to make sure you were fed. I didn't want you to starve."

"I want you to let me go," I said as a muscle twitched beneath his eye, "I want to go home."

"You are home," he whispered, frustrated, "No matter how much you fight it, this is where you will stay."

"Do you think that Tamas won't come for me?" I asked as my stomach twisted. It had only been a few hours and the damage the Grey wolves had done was irreparable. I winced as my mind drifted to Garridan and Mirella.

Please let them be alive, I thought, Please, don't let them be dead.

"It won't matter if he does," he said, tilting his head as he studied me further, "He'll die as soon as you're bonded with me."

"I am bonded to Tamas," I said through gritted teeth, "I'll never be bonded to you and I'll never want to be."

"Yes, you will," he said, narrowing his eyes, "I told the other one we knew how to break the bond. We will do it with you."

I raised my brows in a challenge, "You're lying" I said, narrowing my eyes, "If there is a way, tell me how it's done."

"Eat," he said, ignoring my demand. I eyed the food suspiciously. I wouldn't eat anything he prepared. Still, I couldn't help but wonder if the food held the answer to breaking the bond. He narrowed his eyes at me, "The food is just that food. There is nothing in it that will separate you from Tamas."

"What does break the bond?" I asked and he pressed his lips together as he rose. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration before gazing into my face with his nostrils flaring. He took a few deep breaths and shook his head. When he looked at me again he was calm.

"You don't have to eat," he said, softly, "But if you need anything, all you have to do is ask for me and I'll get it for you."

"I want to go home," I said, stepping toward him and he shook his head, "I need to go home. If I don't, I'll die."

He shook his head again, "You won't die," he said with raised brows, "You'll get weak and you'll be grateful for what I give you. Then, we can begin."

Fiona's face flashed through my mind, "So, I have to be weak for you to break my bond with Tamas?" I asked, confused.

"Not necessarily," he said with a shrug, "It helps for you to get into the right mindset."

"And what mindset is that?" I asked, stepping toward him.

He raised a brow, "If I told you, I'd give away the secret," he said with a laugh, "I'm not ready to do that yet."

"When will you be?" I asked angrily.

"Soon," he said and then gave me a crooked grin, "Until then, I'll leave you alone. If you need me, tell the guards to come find me."

"I won't ever need you," I said, narrowing my eyes.

He glanced at me once more, "We'll see," he said and left me alone in the room again. My stomach twisted as my heart yearned for Tamas. I glanced around the room desperate to get out and return to him.

**********

I had fallen asleep when my door opened yet again. This time Jaelle returned glancing at me warily as she moved close to me. She studied my face as she sat across from the bed I laid on. Her eyes were puffy from crying and when she sighed it was broken in sadness and regret.

"You're really my sister," she said, tilting her head as she spoke. Her lip trembled as she continued, "Why didn't you or momma or daddy come for me?"

"We thought you died," I whispered as guilt slammed through me, "We didn't know you were alive or we would have."

She nodded, "I thought that was what happened," she said and then bit her bottom lip as her shoulders slumped forward.

"I'm sorry for earlier," I said as my heart clenched, "I realize that it must hurt to hear the woman who raised you say that she doesn't love you."

Jaelle nodded her head causing her dark hair to shake with the movement, "It's alright," she said and raised her trembling chin, "It told me where I needed to be and who I needed to help."

"Help?" I asked with wide eyes as hope flooded me.

She nodded as she met my eyes, "I've led your husband and his brothers inside without being seen. I was told to come in here while they retrieve Garridan and Mirella," she said with tears in her eyes, "Then, they'll be back for you."

"You're coming too," I said, grasping her hand, "I won't leave you behind."

She swallowed hard, "Are you sure that you want me?"

"Of course I am," I said studying her as my heart broke, "You're my sister and our mother and father love you. Pesha will love you too."

"Pesha?" She asked, frowning as she said his name.

"Our little brother," I said, giving her a small smile, "He's four years old."

She returned the smile but it faded as the door opened. Her eyes widened in fear and we both jumped. My eyes flew upward to find Tamas' beloved face. I ran to him and he embraced me. He cupped my cheeks in his hands as his eyes roamed over me searching for injuries.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a broken voice, "They didn't do to you what they did to Mirella, did they?"

"No," I said as he kissed my forehead.

"Is Mirella and Garridan alive?" I asked, trembling, "I heard their screams. I wasn't sure if they had been allowed to live."

Tamas' eyes darkened, "They are though they will need to heal," he said as he glanced from me to Jaelle, "For now, we need to get you and your sister far away from here."

I nodded as I turned and reached out my hand to Jaelle. For a moment, she simply stared at my hand but finally she reached forward and took it. A single tear fell from her eye as she glanced around and then took a step. My sister who we assumed dead for ten years rejoined our family very much alive.