Chapter Thirteen-Eva

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  There will be a triple update today!  I hope you enjoy the story.  I adore all of you.  

-XXXX Amanda 

**********

I awoke warm and safe in Tamas' arms. His fingers moved up and down my spine in lazy circles as he kissed the top of my head. I smiled and sighed contented as I gazed up at him amazed that he was husband and in awe that he loved me as much as I loved him.

"Good morning, Beautiful," he said reaching up with his other hand and caressing my cheek. A slow, sexy smile stretched across his face.

"Good morning," I said, staring into his eyes.

His fingers moved to my shoulder, stopping at my scar. I tensed wanting to move away. I realized how ugly the mark was and I wanted to hide it so he was unable to see how horrible it really was but he shook his head.

"Don't move," he whispered as he moved his hand over the scar. I winced as the silence stretched for a few minutes.

I swallowed over the lump in my throat as I waited for him to say something. When he didn't, my heart sank, "It's ugly, isn't it?" I asked and bit my lip as I waited for his answer.

"Not if it's on you," he said, softly before gazing into my eyes, "I just wonder how you got it. Eva said it was her mark. How did she give it to you?"

"When Jaelle was pulled from the window, I was trying to jerk her back into our home and away from the wolf," I said as my lip trembled with the memory, "This resulted in the only way Eva could make me let her go."

His brows rose as his eyes lit with what appeared to be pride, "You were nine, right?"

I shook my head, "Eight," I whispered, sadly.

"I don't understand why you view your scar as ugly. It's a symbol you were brave and were willing to give your life for those you love," he said and then, pulled me to him and kissed me before whispering against my lips, "You still are."

I pulled back and stared down at him, "Now, there is the question of the girl who brought Fiona back. You understand that I have to know for sure if the girl I saw is Jaelle. Everything in me says she is," I said as my heart clenched at the thought of her living with those monsters for ten years. My imagination had brought up too many images of what they had done to her. I pushed them away not wanting to think of it again.

"I understand that you need to find out and if she is we will save her. I promise you that," he said, pulling me to him and gazing into my eyes, "But right now, this time is for us and I intend to use every bit of it to show how much I adore you."

I giggled as he pulled me to him and we lost ourselves in each other for a little while longer.

**********

We had two days to honeymoon before Tamas had to go back to work with his father. They would be chopping down trees to clear out room for more motor homes and because of that, they would be some distance away, I was taken to Ion's house where Mirella and Garridan were helping him tend to Fiona. The sight of the woman broke my heart but as soon as Tamas left I understood what had happened to her. I experienced his absence in a physical way. It hurt more than a typical absence from someone loved. There was a gaping hole in my soul while Tamas wasn't with me. Worse, I understood that he felt the same. I trembled as I gazed at Fiona. She was dying because Emilian had died and had left her with the bond. What would happened if Tamas died? I didn't have to ponder the answer. I'd want to follow. It was only made crueler by the fact that Fiona didn't choose to be bonded as I had. It had been forced on her and if there was a way to break it and Emilian knew how to accomplish it, he was never as bonded as she was.