It's Time

Amanda sat on the couch while her mother paced back and forth with a worried look on her face. What in the hell could be the problem? She was going to be free of her only daughter and have a handful of money.

"We have a few days to plan this trip out in detail. He wants a recent picture to make sure you're real and look the same."

She didn't move when she spoke out loud. Her eyes were all over the room, but when Amanda didn't move it was quickly known that she was meant to jump. The hand wrapped around her arm like a vice grip and yanked her to her feet.

"I swear you have to be the stupidest person alive. You're lucky this man's willing to take you. There ain't shit you can do right." The sharp pain in her scalp from her hair being wrapped in her mother's fingers brought tears to her eyes.

She blinked until the tears were gone and stood in front of the small window in their living room. Her mother looked her up and down before she shook her head and snapped a picture. One hand went into the air and that meant to stay put, which she did. Her mother doesn't like to repeat herself.

"When I motion with my finger do as I am indicating. Got that?"

"Yes, Mom." She answers quickly as she kept her eyes on her hands.

Her heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest and she would die on the living room floor. That might be better than being sold off to a man she doesn't know. How could a mother do this to her daughter?

Her finger pointed towards the hallway, which was where her bedroom was located. It was made clear she wasn't to take much out of the house when she left, so what could they be doing? She asks of course and silently followed her.
There wasn't much to remember from the house anyways and planned to get out of the contract that she didn't even sign.

"You will never grow up and I'm glad you're not going to be my problem anymore. You sleep with a teddy bear still and don't speak with a bit of sense. Your father ruined you before he passed and I tried to warn him. We see lucky someone offered to take care of you."

The room fell silent as her mother looked around with a disgusted look on her face. She walked over to the closet and slid the doors so hard they came off the track. She grabbed the three black t-shirts she owned and threw them in the bed before turning back to the closet.

That was a sign that life wasn't going to change after she left. She would be used and abused and probably thrown to the next. It scared the hell out of her; the unknown was worse than her mother's anger and hate.

"These are the things that make you look more mature though you don't act it. It should be enough to get you by and then it's his problem."

Of these are the clothes than what was packed in the other small bag? It doesn't matter, to be honest, it was more for her to carry. The man had to be just as bad or worse, he made a deal with the devil. And mothers don't sell their children.

"Take this bag to the living room and set it next to the other one. Take a picture of them and sit on the couch."

Amanda nodded her head and quickly grabbed the small beach bag and headed to what she was ordered to do. She hasn't pissed her mother off all day and it would end the night perfectly.

She sat on the couch for fifteen minutes before her mother joined her with the laptop in her hand. It meant the man that was taking over responsibility for her was the screen. Kevin looked to be the age of her father and never smiled the three times they have seen him. The rough voice made her slightly shake but she tried not to make it obvious because that would mean a punishment later.

"It looks like everything is in order. If you're ready you could send her tomorrow and I will send you the difference in the ticket."

Amanda kept her facial expression the same, with no emotions showing. Inside her stomach turned and she felt nausea as the room started to spin.

"That sounds fine with us. She has been excited to travel and finally be able to meet you face to face. I could have her on the bus by nine in the morning if that works for you."

She tuned them out as it wasn't up to her, whatever the two of them planned would happen; kicking and screaming wouldn't help. Calvin stayed gone most of the day and she wondered if he cared what their mother was doing to her. Being the oldest and her brother, he should have found a way to stop it all from happening but he didn't. He stuck his head in the sand and pretended everything was going to be okay.

"You better go to bed now. We will be up early in the morning. Our last family meal and I goodbye pictures. You better smile and act happy someone wants you."

"Yes, mother of course. Good night."

The house was quiet as she laid on her bed with so many thoughts running through her head. The tears started and wouldn't stop, if her dad was alive her mother wouldn't dare get rid of her. It must have something to do with his death because within months she changed. There was so much hate coming from her heart and soul, and it was directed directly at her.

Once she left the house there wouldn't be any looking back. They would have no family ties after that moment and as far as she was concerned they were no longer family. That included Calvin, though it hurt the close relationship they shared was severed by an evil mother.