Whatever

She sat in the middle of her bed with her favorite bear against her chest. It was hard to breathe and it felt good to be able to squeeze Pinky as hard as she wanted. Calvin should have kept that news to himself because it didn't matter to her.

If that was the case why did she need to be alone to cry on her bed? There were too many emotions flowing through her and she didn't know how to deal with them.

Ryder's and Calvin's voices were muffled from them being in the kitchen. It was hard to tell if they were arguing or not, but again she didn't care because she couldn't deal with that right now either. She knew daddy would handle himself and they were friends, so it should be fine.

It seemed like hours before she saw daddy, but it was probably only minutes. He used a key to unlock her door since she made sure to lock it behind her. He walked over to the bed without a word and sat down, pulled her into his lap, and kissed the top of her head.

Neither of them spoke as he held and rocked her right against his body. She let the tears stream down her cheeks; not sure if it was over being upset that it could be true or that she thought her mother was that evil.

Nothing made sense now and she didn't know how to feel. She closed her eyes and took a huge breath.

"Do you think it could be true? I don't know why she would lie about something like that, but I think she would."

He pulled her back to lean against his chest before he replied. She wondered if she was being a brat.

"I don't know her that well to say yes or no. I want to say this is real, Amanda. We can go see her together and go from there on how you feel. This is up to you."

"I will think about it, but are we finished for the night?" She asked as she cast her eyes at the wall.

She didn't have to say another word, he knew what she wanted. Daddy lifted her into his arms as he got off the bed and carried her to his room. Neither of them saw Calvin and at this point, her brother could feel however he wanted about the scene.

The light was off because Daddy liked the dark and he was hardly ever on there unless it was bedtime. She had some of her stuff in his room, so there was less to do when she wanted to cuddle.

"What do you want to watch tonight, baby doll?"

She gave a sweet smile, "Paws and duce." Her cheeks flushed from the blush that still popped up when she was being little.

With a chuckle, he started the DVD and walked out of the room to get her juice. This time he was gone longer than usual to just get a drink and she wondered what he was doing. She stayed in the bed and reached over to the nightstand and grabbed her soft pastel purple blankie.

Daddy came back with a black plastic bag and she didn't see her sippy cup. She gave him a weird look but waited for him to close the door and tell her what he had.

"Tonight you need to be as little as possible, so I brought the pink and white onesie along with the matching paci. There's a pair of white ruffled socks to keep your feeties warm and I put your juice in a bottle because you need to just let go." He handed her the plastic bag and she slowly grabbed it with shaky hands.

She has never changed in front of him before and Calvin was somewhere around the house. Their eyes locked and she read what he was thinking, she should trust him by now.

Amanda climbed out of the bed after setting the bottle on the stand and stuck the paci in her mouth. He kissed her cheek and walked out of the room, she stood there shocked for a moment. She figured he was going to turn around but he left to make sure she was comfortable. She did need that tonight after the rough day.

She quickly dressed and jumped back in bed with a huge smile. Daddy was the best ever, he made sure she was happy and taken care of. It all helped clear her head.

Her body felt tired but her eyes weren't heavy yet. She laid there with her bottle and shook her foot as she watched cartoons. It took Ryder a while to come back and he didn't look happy, but he pulled the shirt over his head and climbed into bed next to her.

His heart was beating hard on the side of his face. She tried to sit up and ask him what was wrong, but he held her tight with a deep breath.

It had to be something Calvin said, she would bet on it and they would have a conversation in the morning. He wasn't going to come around and disrupt the life her and daddy was growing.