Her Day

Amanda took a shower as soon as she climbed out of bed, every muscle in her body hurt. She dressed in a pair of gray sweatpants with a white tank top, it was comfortable to clean in.

Though two single men shared a house it was clean. It didn't matter because she needed to stay busy; have some normalcy in her life. It was weird to her mother and brother that she started in the bathroom since it was the dirtiest room in her mind.

It was the same in there too, the room was already clean. She pretended not to notice and started to sweep the floor before she got on her hands and knees, she cleaned every corner and crook. Instead of keeping the floor dry on its own and one of them slipping, she used an old rag and used her feet to rub back and forth.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked behind her causing her to jump.

"I was cleaning up the bathroom before I headed into the kitchen." Her eyes huge with fright as she tried to slow down her heart rate.

"Please put these things away and meet me in the living room." He turned and walked away before she let out the breath she was holding.

She laid her hand on the wall for support as the room spun slightly from the dizzy feeling. Was he upset that she cleaned their bathroom? Though there was only one for them all to share. It didn't take her long to put the broom and bucket in the linen closet by the back door.

Ryder stood in the middle of the living room and watched as she walked in her head down. He didn't speak until she was sitting and he kept his voice neutral.

"I want to make something clear before we get started with our day together."

She looked up at him finally and tried not to breathe so hard. It was hard because she just knew he was going to snap.

"You're not the maid around here. If it works out today and we decide it's something to move forward with, we will talk about rules and chores."

There wasn't anything for her to say so she nodded her head and waited for him to go on. What does he want to try together?

"I went over your answers and I'm positive you held back. I know your favorite color is pink, you light up at any shade but mostly baby pink. You brought a stuffed animal with you, so you like stuffies." He waited a moment before he asked her a question and she blushed.

"What's wrong with cartoons? I know plenty of adults that enjoy watching a few from time to time."

She didn't know how to answer that without sounding shallow now. Her mother instead that was childish and must be given up.

"We weren't allowed to watch them at our house."

He gave a small smile and walked over to her with her hand held out toward her. With a deep breath, she slid her small hand into his large one. They went into the kitchen and he sat her on the counter, which she blushed and tried to scoot down.

Ryder stood in front of her and used his hip to keep her where he wanted her. She stayed put this time and watched him over around with ease.

"Don't feel weird or out of place. This should be fun for both of us. I'm going to make you a grilled cheese with cut up apple slices and milk."

Okay, none of that sounded bad though she had never had anyone cook for her. That was her job in the home. She watched as he pulled out everything he needed and then he pulled out the cup and plate she was going to use. Her eyes went wide as she looked from each and back to him.

"If this doesn't work we will move onto something else. Take it in and be honest with your feedback."

She shook her head but didn't say a word. The sippy cup was pink with female characters all over it and to be honest she did want to use it. She just loved the detail of it that matched the plate and silverware.

It wasn't long before he set everything on the table after filling the cup with milk. He picked her up and set her on her feet and sat at the table with her. He had a sandwich but not apples or milk.

It took Amanda a few minutes to get into it, but she finally took small bites and it was good. She took a bite of the apple slice then a drink out of the sippy cup and couldn't help the smile that spread across her face. She felt so happy all of sudden and more than she ever has.

She kept eyeing him but it was seldom she caught him looking at her. He had to have a way to tell if she enjoyed it or not and if she told the truth.

After lunch, they grabbed their own dishes and rinsed them before they added them to the dishwasher. This time he grabbed her hand and led her to his room.

Once in front of his door he turned and looked at her with a warm smile. Her heart hurt from the adrenaline coursing through it.

"Relax we are moving onto the next phase and it does not include anything sexual. You are safe here and with me." He opened the door and stepped to the side to wait for her to enter.

She loved the dark theme with black and blue bedding and curtains. The bed had to be a king that sat in the middle of the room and stuck out to the eye, but he had plenty of room. As he led her to the bed her eye caught the black entertainment center with the large flat-screen TV.

He pulled the covers back and walked over to the closet, pulled out a small pink blanket that looked soft and she couldn't wait to touch it. He handed it to her while he pulled the other blanket over her.

She watched as he walked over and grabbed a remote, but he bent down and brought a DVD back up. He turned and winked at her before he walked out of the room. She leaned against the headboard and wondered what he was doing now?

This was so new to her but it felt amazing to have someone want to take care of her and has already noticed how much she loved pink; she only had to see the color.

Ryder walked back in the room with a bottle in one hand and a pacifier in the other. She had never thought of using either of those but again they looked cute from where she sat

"We are going to watch this cartoon together and you may choose which to use." He handed them both to her, "that's juice for being such a good girl." He walked around the bed and laid behind her but on top of the covers.