Chapter 3

I'm pretty sure that my jaw hit the ground. I definitely believe in ghosts now. Herald stopped playing and turned around in his seat. He looked me straight in the eyes with his glowing ones. Then he lifted his arm and pointed a finger in my direction. "Thief... Thief!... THIEF!" He cried in a hollow voice. I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I screamed louder than a girl in a slasher film before I started running. I kept screaming as I ran for the stairs. I tripped on the third step in my haste and tumbled down the rest as my flashlight and sword flew through the air. When I got to the bottom bruised all over with a bloody cut on my forehead, I looked up to see that the sword was headed straight for my head. It all happened so fast that I couldn't do anything but watch as death headed straight for me. Then suddenly a bright light appeared and the sword stopped in mid air half an inch away from my eye. I looked at the light and saw that it was the ghost who saved me. He had an incredibly irritable expression on his face. That was the moment I fainted.

——————————————————————
Sorry that this chapter is a bit shorter. The next one is longer. I hope to see you in the next chapter!