Chapter 2

:shit shit shit

i pace around my bedroom, Pansy, my best friend, watching me the entire time.

pansy: so you really think you're in love with him ?

i turn to her

: i mean... i dont know... yes ? i- i haven't felt this way before... about anyone... i- maybe he likes me too ?

she laughs and i glare at her.

pansy: Naomi, you idiot, it's draco fucking malfoy... he doesn't have the ability to love anyone. it's pointless

: shut up

i sit down on the chair at the desk. is she right ? maybe she is... but i could swear he's not normally like this... i've known him since we were both young. he's always been arrogant, and stupid, and we've always argued... but it's different, recently it's been different.
i put my hand on my chest... the exact spot where he hit me last week. we haven't talked much since then... since the bathroom... we've avoided each other. but i know we can't for much longer.

Pansy: c'mon, we've got class

she takes my hand and leads me out the room. we walk down the stairs and into the classroom. he's sitting infront of me, and as the teacher drones on i can't help but stare at him. his platinum blond hair, him as he turns to either side and talks to his friends, and when his shoulders rise and fall as he laughs, and sometimes i swear i see him turn his head, ever so slightly... discreetly, so he's looking at me. i let myself drift off... thinking about him.

Pansy: hey, loser... lessons over.

i look around the room. she's right, everyone's gone. i laugh sarcastically and stand up, grabbing my bag, and following her out the room. as we step outside i feel someone tap my shoulder. i whip around, wand pointed. it's draco. he smiles and pushes down my wand. he turns around and starts walking, gesturing for me to walk with him, so i do. he leads me into a small room, almost hidden. i sit down in the corner.

: what do you want malfoy ?

he paces around the room, pointing at me.

: sit the fuck down malfoy, what do you want ?

Draco: have you told anyone ?

: what ?

he stops moving and looks at me. ive never seen this look on his face before... he looks... scared, but completely angry, and tense... but softer, nicer.

Draco: you know what i mean... have you told anyone... about... last week ?

: are you dumb ? of course i haven't... no one ever goes to that bathroom anyway.

Draco: you sure ?

: yes i'm sure

his face softens... slightly

Draco: so why was Cedric looking at you earlier ?

: he was ?

i smile slightly. he's good... really good, and the thought of him noticing me was something i'd never thought of before.

suddenly dracos kneeling infront of me.

Draco: why was he looking at you Bright ?

i laugh.

: i don't know draco

he doesn't find it funny. i feel a sharp slap on my cheek, and i stand up.

: what the fuck malfoy ?

he looks angry, really angry.

draco: you're not dumb. you know why he was looking at you. it's fucking Diggory ? you bitch.

: fuck you malfoy. what ? you don't trust me when i say i don't know... you're jealous ?

he snorts, sarcastically. i shake my head and turn walk towards the door. he grabs my arm and spins me around, pushing me against the door in the process. my heart thuds in my chest. his face is inches from mine, his silvery eyes looking deep into mine. i can see every inch of his face, his slight stubble, and prominent jawline, which is so... i just want to run my fingers across it. I can smell him. his light vanilla green apple mint scent, and the shampoo he uses.

we stay still for a few seconds, like neither him or me is quite sure what to do. he leans forward, so his mouth is by my ear. the sound of his voice sends tingles down my spine and i almost don't hear what he says, but i do. because it's loud and demanding and desperate.

Draco: stay away from Diggory

he pushes me out the way and strides out the room, his cloak flowing behind him. i slide onto the floor, touching my ear, where his mouth was seconds before. my whole body feels like it's exploding. tingles and pins and needles everywhere.