Chapter 24

I get back to my room a few minutes later, holding my dirty clothes I want to go back to the astronomy tower... but i'm scared. My hand shakes as i reach out to open the door. I turn the handle and step inside.

I gasp, dropping everything im holding on the floor... including the towel im wearing. He stands up and looks me up and down.

Draco: that's... a nice welcome

He laughs and leans in to kiss me. But i turn away. He raises his eyebrow.

Draco: Are you okay ?

Draco: Naomi ? Babe ?

: dont... you, i-

Draco: Use words okay, breathe

: You were gone. you left.

I walk to my wardrobe and get out a robe. I throw it on and turn around. I see his eyes. his beautiful, grey-silver eyes, but there's something different about them, actually different. he looks sad, his face is much more lined than when i saw him and he look... clean and polished, but like he's been running his hands through his hair constantly. I look at the ground.

: You just come back and what... it's supposed to go back to normal ? For months i was broken, sitting and waiting for any sign that you're alive. i can understand your choice, but to not even try to contact me, to let me know you're okay, or just alive ? i can't-

He walks towards me and puts his hand under my chin. i lean into it, his cold rings pressing against my skin. It's the first time in months i've felt him, felt his touch and i want to feel relieved, more than anything.

: Draco-

He puts his finger on my lips, shutting me up

Draco: Months... and you've barely changed, but you have. you really have.

He rolls his eyes.

Draco: Darling, look, i regret leaving. i... really fucking regret it but i don't know, i've had so long to think and i've had so long to get over you but i haven't, at all. And if that doesn't say something... i don't know what will.

He looks deep into my eyes, drifting to my lips occasionally.

Draco: Fuck i had to go though. do you know how much i tried. how hard i tried to stop thinking about you. You're a fucking drug, man the papers and drawings and letters i wrote and never sent to you. because i wanted you to be okay. fuck, i didn't know if i was okay, or alive. It's been hard and today...

He pauses, tears forming in his eyes.

: What happened today ?

Draco: I had a fight... with my father, and it doesn't matter and... i needed help... but it was also an excuse to see you, to have an excuse to fucking be here.  and i was thinking, i've been thinking. come with me. Fuck i can't think about anything but you... i can't live without you.

He moves his hand from my lips and lifts up my left hand. He sees the ring on my 4th finger and closes his eyes momentarily. A sad smile spreads across his face and he lifts the ring up to his lips and kisses it.

Draco: See... you're not over me...

: Draco

I didn't notice the tears dripping down my face until now, until Dracos wiping them away with his soft thumb. and i grab his hand and hold it to my mouth, before he lifts up my chin and kisses me. and fuck it feels good, and i finally feel the relief i've been wanting to feel. He pulls me into a hug and i bury my head in his shoulder, breathing him in. his apple mint vanilla scent and he's here. he's finally here.