Chapter 25

: i'm not coming with you.

He jerks his head up.

Draco: what ?

he sounds so hurt, so broken.

: its too dangerous, i can't live everyday worrying about both of us. look what your father did to you-

Draco: that was a one off, that doesn't matter ! he'd never do anything to you !

: no... you don't understand

He grabs my hands.

Draco: then what ? tell me.

: i'm not letting you go back either. i swear to you draco i will lock both of us in this room, you're not going back. and i know you don't want to.

Draco: Naomi-

: no, this time you can't say anything. it's my choice too, you have a choice... but so do i. neither of us is going back.

And for the first time in a long time, i see his face light up. And i know hes had an idea.

Draco: then let's go ! let's get out of here, out of all of this. fuck let's leave.

: what ?

Draco: fuck being wizards. fuck it. let's get on a plane and... leave

: you know what a plane is ?

Draco: shut up

His eyes are glowing again, brighter than i've ever seen them glow before. he looks so happy and all the worry lines are gone and... he looks hopeful... like himself.

Draco: i... i can book a plane ticket... or you can... i don't fucking know how to do that. Let's just... leave, let's not tell anyone and just go.

And he runs to my cupboard, grabbing a bag and throwing my clothes into it. Until my closet is empty. And i just sit on the bed and watch him... because i can't even argue. i'm happy and... i can barely even believe he's here.

And a few minutes later, when my room is completely empty, he runs out the door, to his room and i look around the empty hogwarts room and close my eyes, remembering everything... just everything. and finally, for the first time in months, i feel excited about what's coming next.