Love Is Love

(Harry)

It took all of Harry's strength not to look over at the beautiful boy next to him. Instead, he leaned over his still-blank Potions scroll and tried to focus. Nothing seemed to calm his thoughts; they swirled around his brain, giving him a mild headache.

Harry sighed and sat back in his seat, sneaking a glance at Draco beside him. Draco's brow was furrowed as he scratched away at his parchment. It took all of Harry's willpower not to lean over and brush a lock of his stunningly blond hair out of his eyes. "His hair was so soft," Harry thought, before shaking his head to clear it. He needed to focus. What he'd done was just a mistake. It didn't mean anything.

Harry dipped his quill in ink and set it to the scroll, wracking his brain for any information. The test was on, rather coincidentally, love potions, and Harry hadn't paid attention to that class. At that time he'd had Ginny, so he never considered he'd need to know this. It honestly should've occurred to him that there would be a test.

"Ginny used to make me so happy... the way her face would light up when she saw me, or the way she'd scrunch up her nose and stick out her tongue when she was concentrating. But then.... I don't know what changed. She was still all of those things, but she started to feel like a burden," Harry thought, feeling sad.

Once the news of the break up had reached Ron, he'd gone off at Harry. But Harry couldn't blame him. Things were still uneasy between them, but Harry knew Ron would give in eventually. I mean, they were best friends after all.

Finally, Harry set his feather to the paper and began to write.

A) love potions simulate "love" but don't have lasting effects after the potion wears off. True or false?
True.
B) love potions can be life threatening, even if used correctly. True or false?
True.
C) what famous wizard used a love potion on his wife for 50 years?
Sage Smugglherx?    (don't ask)
D) list all ingredients used in a love potion of choice: foxfoot, elderberries, rosehips, and newts tongue. (Simple love potion)
E: write a paragraph about the effects of a love potion. Love potion makes you feel all warm and giddy inside. When you see the one who gave it to you, you have an uncontrollable urge to love them. You're eyes get a bit foggy when you're under the influence.
F: have you ever experienced a love potion? If so, tell us about who gave it to you, and how you felt. Never.
G: finally, compare and contrast "real" love, and "love potion".

This question stumped Harry a bit. Though he had briefly learned about the effects of the potion, he had never experienced it. And the only "true love" he'd felt with Ginny made him feel weird.

Harry snuck another glance over at Draco. To his surprise, he was glaring right back at him. Harry's eyes widened. In that moment, he could tell that Draco was suffering. He'd never admit it, or act like it, but he was. Harry felt a lump in his throat. He opened his mouth to say anything, but nothing came out, and Draco turned away.

It was like a lightning bolt had struck him. Harry whirled around in his chair and began furiously scribbling.

Love is...never planned. You can't choose who to fall for, and most of the time it doesn't make sense. But real love makes you feel safe, secure, happy, and above all, clear-minded. You can see yourself, and others in a new light. Love isn't always romantic, sometimes it's just friendly. And sometimes love is simply your heart reaching out to others in a similar situation as you. Love is caring.

But a love potion? That's the exact opposite. That's someone taking advantage of someone for their own selfish reasons. When you give a love potion to someone, your mind is clouded, and you're not in good judgement. When you receive a love potion you're even more confused. You can't think straight, and your mind fogs over. All you can think about is the person who gave it to you. And when the effects finally wear of, most likely you will hate the person who gave it to you. A love potion is selfishness.

When it comes to love, though, many people are selfish. They hide you away, and make you theirs. They grow bitter if you don't return their love, and jealous when you love someone else. It can't be helped, though. It's in out nature. It's one thing that binds us to muggles. We all have those moments when you wish things were just... different.

Love breaks and binds. It steals and satisfies. Love is just simply love, no matter the form.

Whether you love a man, a woman, a muggle or wizard, love is love, and that never changes.