Screams

(Harry)
Harry rushed up to Dumbledores office, pushing unfortunate students out of his way.
"Professor! Professor Dumbledore!" Harry cried, rushing up the stairs and pounding on his door. Dumbledore opened the door with a grave face.
"Professor! The death eaters-"
"I know, Harry."
Harry took a step back. "How?"
"Severus told me so. I have been preparing for the attack all evening."
"But Professor! The students haven't been warned yet!" Harry said, angrily.

Dumbledore sighed. "I know. I wanted to postpone telling them as long as I could. I didn't want to cause a panic. Harry... would you mind rallying up the students who can fight?"

Harry glared. "Tell them now. We don't want to go into this unprepared. The students deserve to know."
Dumbledore nodded, placed his wand to his throat, and said in a commanding voice:
"Attention all students. I have been informed that the death eaters plan to attack us at any moment. Please do not be alarmed, we are preparing as best we can. All students who can, and are willing to fight, please find Harry Potter in the room of Requirement. Teachers, please start casting a spell of protection. And all students who cannot fight, find someone who can. Take care of each other. And good luck."

Harry turned on his heel and ran to the office door, ready to go to the room of requirement.

"Oh Harry..? May I ask how you knew the Death Eaters plan?"
Harry felt like time had stopped. It was so simple- just tell the truth. But he couldn't. He cared for Draco too much to throw him under.

"Ah... I overheard someone at... uh... the Leaky Cauldron. A death eater I suppose. Ok I have to go," he said, and ran from the room, cursing.

Dumbledore shook his head, fondly, before opening a window, and lifting his wand to the sky.

Harry arrived at the room of requirement, surprised to see a mob of students waiting for him.
He was even more surprised to see Raven standing in the front of the crowd, gently comforting a crying Hufflepuff.

Everyone but Raven and the crying girl entered the room, and Harry told the girl to find someone to protect her, before turning to Raven.

"I...I didn't expect you to fight."
Raven rolled her eyes.
"I may not like you, but I don't want to die. And if you're my best chance at survival, then so be it."

Harry sighed. "You know? You're aren't all that bad. You're still a terrible person, but you do have good inside you."

Raven pretended to yawn. "Well, get on with it. I thought we had a castle to save," she said, before turning on her heel and marching into the Room of Requirement.

Harry scanned the room.
"No," he thought to himself, trying to swallow. "There's not enough of us... we are going to die."
Panic replaced the rest of his thoughts as he stood there, in front of everyone, sweating.

"Oi! Mate! You must be a bloody idiot if you think we aren't going to help you," came a familiar voice.
Harry's head snapped towards the sound and saw Ron and Hermione shyly stepping around the crowd. Despite himself, Harry felt a small smile slip his lips.

"I thought you weren't talk to me, the both of you," Harry commented, hugging them tightly.

"Don't be ridiculous, Harry," Hermione said reproachfully, "it's much to silly to carry a grudge at this time."

Ron shrugged. "I hated you for dating my sister, and then I hated you for leaving her. I suppose I was a little harsh on you, mate."

Harry smiled, wryly. "She left me, Ron. Anyways. We need a plan. We aren't going to survive the night if we don't have a solid plan."

Hermione grimaced. "I know. I had the perfect solution but someone ruined it for me..."
"Oi! I thought you said no grudges!" Ron cried, putting his hands up in surrender.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Don't you dare joke at a time like this, Ronald Weasley!"
Ron's eyes widened.
"Bloody hell, you sound like my mum now."

Hermione pretended to ignore him, and turned to Harry.
"I thought you could use your invisibility cloak, and I could cast a replicating spell on it, so we'd have many. But..."

Harry felt his pulse quicken. "What?"

Hermione looked away, and Ron grinned sheepishly.
"I lost it. Sorry mate."

"YOU WHAT?!" Harry exploded, causing everyone watching them to jump. It was now public that he had an invisibility cloak, but he didn't care.
"When did you steal my cloak, you prick?!"

Ron sighed. "I...I used it... to steal some food after dinner."

At Harry's vengeful face, and Hermione's disapproving glare he sputtered, "I was hungry! I got to dinner late! Everything was almost gone! It's not my fault Filtch-"

"Ahem?" Came a quiet voice from behind them, cutting off Harry's furious retort.

"May I suggest that we start thinking of a plan? We don't have much time..." Luna said.

"I'm with Goggles," Raven declared. "I swear to god, if I have to listen to you guys bicker any longer I'm throwing myself off the astronomy tower."

Harry struggled to smile at the crowd, who were now eyeing him with distrust.

"Sorry. Do any of you have a plan?"

"Don't mean to be rude," said a Slytherin girl in the back, "but can't we just fight? Wasting time on a plan is only going to stress us out. We are out of time. If we continue to-"

It might have been a logical point, if not for the screaming.