Chapter 17

Previously

"I know. But maybe this might be different right?"

They nodded and suddenly the first bell rang signaling us to go to homeroom. Khloe and Zoey quickly went to their respective rooms, while Ashlynn, Hanna, Stephanie and I went to ours.

We chatting when suddenly I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. Thinking it was only Xander, I opened my phone and was shocked when I saw who the message was from. It was from my dad and it read:

Brianna, we need to talk. I'm coming home with your Mother right away.

****

Brie's POV

I stared at the message thinking that my eyes were playing with me. Dad's message sounded like he's mad or something, not his usual 'How are you Princess?" texts. This message sounded like he's mad at me or something. This is so weird.

I was so focused on the message that I didn't realize that we already arrived in Homeroom. Xander was the first one who noticed my uneasiness and approached me.

"Brie. What's wrong?"

"Huh?" I asked him.

"What happened you looked like you saw a ghost or something." He told me looking concerned.

"Oh, uh... It's just Dad.. Uhhh. He texted me that.. Uh... He misses me." I lied.

He raised his eyebrows knowing that I was lying to him. He knows me so well!

"Brie." He warned.

"Fine. He texted me that he's coming home soon."

"Is that it?" He asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Then why do you look like something bad is going to happen?"

"Maybe I was just shocked that he's coming home." I told him

"Maybe. But don't worry everything is going to be fine okay?"

"I know." I smiled.

We went to our respective seats waiting for Mr. Callaway, our Math teacher to arrive. I tried blocking the message in my head but I have a feeling that Dad isn't coming home just to ask me how I am doing here.

I was busy thinking in my thoughts when suddenly a violet paper appeared infront of me, knowing the person who sent me this, I quickly opened and revealed a note from none other than Hanna. It read:

Hey, B. What's wrong? You've been distracted since Homeroom. Is there something wrong?

I quickly grabbed a pink paper from my purse and replied:

Tell you later, H with the girls kay? We better listen or else Mr. Callaway will kill us.

I passed the note to Zach and knowing him, he tried to open the note, I quickly smacked him and he gave me this 'ouch' look and passed the message to Hanna.

When Hanna saw the note she nodded her head signaling me that we'll take about this after class.

**

When Mr. Callaway ended the discussion he gave us a free break for an hour, because Mr. Lucas, our Physics teacher has a meeting to attend to today. Hanna and the girls quickly pulled me away from Xander promising to return me back to him later.

Xander simply nodded and left the room together with Matt and the boys.

"I'm not a toy you know." I joked.