Post Credit Chapter

D

D.C. was nice. Much nicer than Brooklyn. Although Brooklyn was my home, I thought I could make a new life here with Tony. That is, until I got called somewhere else.

After I finished unpacking the necessities, I decided to explore the city while Tony sought out to find a proper working space. So far, I had found a new gym, a small coffee shop, and a local diner that served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, as I continued to walk down the busy sidewalk, I wasn't satisfied. A city full of so much history, yet I wasn't satisfied in the slightest.

That's when I saw it. A museum. Full of history that I missed. I checked my phone, and after seeing no notifications from Tony, figured now would be as good of a time as any to learn it all. The museum was extensive, that was for sure. It covered everything from planes and space exploration to the start of America, but what really caught my eye was the section on World War Two. Specifically, the section about my service in World War Two.

I wandered into the exhibit labeled "Captain America: A National War Hero" and began looking around, following the crowd's movements. A voice spoke as I approached an image of me before the serum standing next to a picture of me after the serum. I smiled at the memory before moving on with the rest of the crowd.

I was staring at the ground, watching my feet, and looked up as I approached the next picture. I froze, causing the person behind me to bump into me. I mumbled out an apology, stepping to the side to let the woman pass me, but kept my eyes on the grey eyes staring back at me. Only, they were supposed to be blue. Like the clear, blue ocean before a storm.

Bucky. I approached the picture of his lightly stubbled jaw and bright, yet tired, eyes. I looked to the smaller picture next to the larger one of him and saw me, my arm swung around him, and looking down at him with a look that could only be described as adoration and love.

Love. I loved him. I could never forget about how he had made me feel. When I had nothing, I had Bucky, and that was enough. That was more than enough. That was everything, and then it was stripped away from me.

Just like everyone else, he had to leave me, too.

I felt tears beginning to fall down my face. I turned, walking straight out of the museum. Back to the one person who hadn't left me yet. However, something told me it would only be a matter of time.