chapter seventeen - glacian

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - GLACIAN

Silence struck in the room for about a good thirty seconds before Michael turned around and gave Calum a look of disbelief. "This--this is the guy you said could help us?"

Ashton raised his eyebrows, but didn't speak a word. An amused smile came upon his lips as he poured himself a drink in a glass. "Vodka, anyone?" He asked, raising a glass to me.

I shook my head hesitantly, feeling just as surprised as Michael. Ashton grinned at my refusal and took a sip of his drink, his eyes not leaving off of me.

Calum went up to Michael, his eyes narrowed onto him in seriousness. "Mr.Irwi--I mean Ashton--he know's everything. He could help us," he muttered, hoping that Ashton wouldn't hear.

Of course though, Ashton did hear because his smile stretched and his dimples deepened. "He's right you know," Ashton spoke up, looking at Michael. "With the knowing everything part. In fact, I know the reason for you all coming here in the first place. You're here because of Scarlet Marshall.

Michael's eyes stared at Ashton in uncertainty. "You know who Scarlet is?"

Ashton nodded and placed his drink back on the table. "I know who she is, what she is, and why she wants you."

My eyes widened at Ashton's suppose knowledge of what our situation was. Michael, however, looked unimpressed and instead, let a little smirk come on his face. "Alright, if you know everything, then what am I?"

"You, my friend," Ashton began, taking a seat in a chair. A muscle twitched in Michael's jaw at Ashton's term of friend. "Are Michael Clifford. Nineteen year old Australian boy, who has been on the run for the past two and half years. You are being hunt down by the two most notorious Glacian hunters of the decade, Henry Fens and Nick Damion, and are now are being hunted by the most dangerous Glacian known in the western side of the world, Scarlet Marshall, due the wanting of your blood that can activate the most deadliest weapon that can kill any of your kind with just a cut. All because you're an Incendian."

My mouth dropped open and I glanced at Michael, who's smirk had disappeared. The corner of Calum's lips though, were turned upward and he looked most definitely impressed out of all of us.

Michael shoved his hands into the jeans of his pockets. "Sounds about right," he muttered, staring at Ashton now with a glare.

Ashton raised his hands in front of him. "Hey, I just liked to keep tabs on everything that's going on in the Glacian and Incendian world."

"Who are you?" Michael demanded, taking a step forward to the young man.

"Me," Ashton said, "I'm the twenty year old gambler who just so happens to know everything there is to know about our kind. I keep up with hunters, the hunted, powerful people, and weapons. Kind of like the Kardashian's, except much harder and not as bloody." Ashton teased with a grin.

Michael, however, looked like he didn't fully believe everything the young man was saying. He looked totally unconvinced that it looked like he was about to pounce on this guy at any second. "What are you?"

Ashton looked down at the floor, his smile still on his face. And when he looked up, his hazel eyes suddenly began to glow, the irises brightening slowly. A gasp came from my mouth in shock and immediately the temperature in the room dropped.

My eyes went to Ashton's hands, which were placed flat on the table and suddenly had frost beginning to come from his fingers tips. The frost spread like tangled roots from a dead tree on the table top and eventually to the legs of it till it was completely covered in a thin ice. The lights flickered in the room and any candlelight that was lit inside, had disappeared. "According to most of our kind," Ashton said with a smirk. The flickering in the room stopped. "I'm supposed to be your enemy."