5

Thursday couldn't have come any faster for Funmilayo who was very excited for her first date with Mustapha. Yes, first date cos she was confident he was going to ask for another.

She sat in her apartment looking impatient and almost angry. She was expecting Daniella and Uriel to show up.  She called them saying she needed assistance for her makeup as her hand were shaky in anticipation of her date. Salihat didn't interfere,she just sat observing her friend. Funmilayo made a call to Daniella asking when they would get there. Her cousin told her they were almost there.

Daniella,Uriel and Ene arrived some minutes later.

Funmilayo had taken her bath and was just in towel. She brought all of her makeup into the sitting room and placed a tall standing mirror in front of her.

"Did you people trek from school ni" Funmilayo said smiling. "Oya oya lets start " she said.

All of them looked surprised. They expected her to be mad but she wasn't.

"Some one is in a good mood today" Ene     said staring at Funmilayo who just shrugged.

"That's right and I'm not gonna let anyone of you damper my mood." Funmilayo said pointing at them all.

"Thank God oo" Daniella laughed as she started Funmilayo's makeup.

"So you and Mustapha going on a date." Ene said.

"Yep . I see they told you" Ene rolled her eyes like as if I wouldn't have known. "By the way I'm just seeing you for the first time this week Ene. I heard Library is now your second home." Funmilayo tried turning to look at Ene but Daniella turned her head back.

"Funmi keep your head still na"

"Sorry " Funmilayo said "hmmm Ene"

"It's this project o. My supervisor want us to be done with chapter two before the Christmas break so my group mates and I have just been doubling efforts.  Doing research and all." Ene answered.

"Hmmm that's not what I heard o" Salihat made a face at Ene.

"Aahh gist me" Funmilayo said.

"Which gist" Ene looked confused herself.

" Uriel told me you're always in the library with a guy called uhm Jo..nah  no James...ohhh Uriel abeg what's the name again?" Everyone eyes went to Uriel whose mind wasn't there with them.

"Hmm? " Uriel didn't know what they were talking about.

"The name of the guy Ene is always in the library with." Salihat said

"Oh Jude." Uriel said smiling as Ene shoot dagger at her.

"Hmmmm Ene " Funmilayo,Daniella and Salihat shouted almost the same time.

"You guys noo.  Don't mind Uriel. Jude is just my project mate o . We go to the library to research that's all." Ene defended herself against their assumptions.

"Really! What about him walking you to the hostel everyday?" Uriel asked raising her eyebrow.

"Uriel is crazy.  The guy is just being nice." Ene smiled sheepishly.

It was close 7pm and Daniella was almost done with Funmilayo's makeup.

"Uriel pass me the glow kit " Daniella said to Uriel who zoned out staring at her phone as if expecting a call.

That exact time Uriel phone screen light up and her face lit up immediately but soon dropped.  Daniella noticed this and wondered what was the matter.