10

Seated in front of her dressing table arranging the new perfumes her father got for her, Salihat was not in the best of mood. What Uriel said  got her thinking a bit. She honestly didn't want to put Daniella in the middle of her drama with Funmilayo. It wasn't her fault that they were not in good terms.

She looked at her phone contemplating in her mind whether or not she should call Daniella. As if on cue her phone started ringing, Daniella calling. She smiled nervously answering the call. She knew she had to apologise to Daniella.

"Heyy"  Salihat said into the phone.

"Sally hi... " Daniella sounded calm. Salihat was expecting her to hear  her shout into the phone scolding her for acting the way she did. " .. you didn't call to say you've gotten home yesterday " Daniella added still in a calm tone.

"I.. .uh...I..." Salihat stuttered knowing she didn't have a good reason for not calling her friends to inform them she had gotten home safely.

"You what!! You have no excuse my friend.  Sally why na? Why are you guys trying to put me in the middle of this stupid fight of yours?" Daniella who was laying on her stomach ontop the bed in Funmilayo and Salihat's apartment glared at her cousin who was busy applying makeup on her face. Funmilayo rolled her eyes at Daniella.

"Dani... I'm sorry you know I didn't mean to put you in that position." Salihat apologised.

"Then why did you leave yesterday instead of today?" Daniella asked still annoyed.

"You know why. I can't be in the same place with that cousin of yours." Salihat stated.

"Oh you don't know her name again."  Daniella taunted her and she laughed.

" Dani  stop it jare. I don't want to talk about her."

" hey see you using jare for me o." Daniella continued taunting her.

" Thanks for rubbing off on me yoruba girl." Salihat said and they both laughed.

"I miss you thou." Daniella said

"I  left just yesterday." Salihat rolled her eyes smiling as if Daniella could see her.

"Whatever so I can't miss my bae. " Daniella pouted. The both of them felt glad they had cleared the air. Da

" well I miss you too. Have you heard from Uriel?" Salihat asked.

" That one! She's where she is getting dick-maticed. " Salihat burst into laughter.

"Is that even a word?"

" yes na... in the Dicktionary. " Daniella laughed. " we chatted yesterday night she claimed she was bored but i know it's a lie."

"Ok.. Uriel kenan " someone knocked on Salihat's bedroom door. She gave permission to enter.  one of the household maid walked in and informed her of something. She nodded in reply.

" Babe I'll talk to you later, my Dad is calling for me." Salihat told Daniella.

"Alright now Daddy's girl. My regards to them Hajia." Daniella said

" they'll hear " Salihat said and ended the call.

By the time Daniella call to Salihat ended Funmilayo was done dressing up.  Daniella eyed her cousin from head to toe  wondering where she was going to that made her put too much effort in her appearance.

" Where to Madam?" Daniella asked Funmilayo who was bending to buckle her shoe strap. Funmilayo stood up and looked at Daniella before answering.

"Me ??" Funmilayo said pointing to herself like she didn't know Daniella question was directed at her.